Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT! We like to use the word shotgun
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Qarl
I wanted to do a search and see if anybody on the group had mentioned shotgun sports (ie.. trap, skeet, sporting clays) while posting on 914club.

I entered the word shotgun in the search bar

Here are the hits...

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...ighlite=shotgun

We like that word, don't we?
SirAndy
QUOTE (Qarl @ Dec 23 2004, 07:47 PM)
We like that word, don't we?

hmmm, maybe because Meredith's username used to be shotgun ???

IPB Image Andy
Jake Raby
I have a side by side double 12 gauge in the corner right beside this workstation...

Just in case I have an unruly customer!!!

Or happen to see Bambi's Dad outside the office window........ Buckshot in the left hole and Bird shot in the right.....
SirAndy
QUOTE (Jake Raby @ Dec 23 2004, 08:58 PM)
Just in case I have an unruly customer!!!

that reminds me, do you guys also have the 3 barrel shotguns here in the US?
2 top barrels for shotgun, 3rd center/down barrel for normal round ...

gawd, last time i went hunting was with my dad when i was 15 or so.
we used to go out all the time ...
IPB Image Andy
Rhodes71/914
I miss shooting shotguns off the deck of the fishing boat.

Target practice on whatever we could toss overboard

Don't worry we were out at sea, as long as it wasn't plastic or oil is was ok.
Rider914
I have two skeet throwers that have not been used once after I moved to south florida, when I lived in north fl I worked at a tv station that was in the middle of nowhere and we would shoot clays in the parking lot! IPB Image
Jake Raby
I shoot supper in the parking lot!

Rabbit is good eatin! we are over infested with them to the point they are in breeding and having two tails, one ear, etc. etc!
GWN7
Hmmm warm September days walking thru a field lugging 6 lbs of steel and wood. The surprise of having a bird fly up at your feet.........besides Clays taste like dirt and make lousey soup.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE (Jake Raby @ Dec 23 2004, 11:57 PM)

Rabbit is good eatin! we are over infested with them to the point they are in breeding and having two tails, one ear, etc. etc!

Either that or you are too close to a nuclear power plant.......

Or maybe they are mutating due to the high noise levels from your dyno runs.... IPB Image
Rider914

I hear that when they burn the local sugar cane fields after harvest, the rabbits scurry. I need a friend in the sugar biz. I love the sound of a beagle on a hot trail!
Bruce Allert
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Dec 23 2004, 10:04 PM)

that reminds me, do you guys also have the 3 barrel shotguns here in the US?
2 top barrels for shotgun, 3rd center/down barrel for normal round ...

My Dad is a collector. I remember him having one for quite sometime. It was a hammer 16 Ga. with a 30-30 below. I'm pretty sure it was a German make too.

Something came along that he had to have so he traded it IPB Image Prolly worth a chunk'ochange now IPB Image

....b
pete-stevers
the ole shotgun isn't bad at close range..... but if you want to reach out a little further... IPB Image
Jake Raby
Guns are my other obsession.... My dad has been a collector for 50 years, and has some really cool stuff, hell he had a vaultwith 24" walls put in his basement about 20 years ago! There is a little over 400 in there, all pre 1970!

I'm no where near that point, but getting there...

This is what the rules are for my family buying me gifts at holidays or my birthday:

If I can't kill something with ot, or work with it I don't want it!

So that makes mea easy to buy for.. Knives, Archery supplies ammunition and tools are all I want!!!
ablose58
Jake, I have been a collector since I was 18. I also have quite a collection too. IPB Image
I recently got into shotguns, with the loan of my grandfathers browning sweet 16 A5. Definitely a field gun with the 41 years of use on it, but it knocks the clays down pretty well. Looking forward to going bird hunting soon!
seanery
My neighbor is on probation for felony DUI.
I have all his guns in my house:
Double Barrel Shotgun
Over/Under Shotgun
Single Barrel Shotgun
38 snub nose revolver
and some other stuff I can't remember.

But, I want an AUG! IPB Image
Qarl
I sent this to Jfort (the only person I could located in my original search).

>>I've been getting into Sporting Clays & 5-stand. I like that it provides a lot of the same shooting experience as hunting birds.

I don't care for trap, but I tried skeet a few times and I could get into that with some proper training and some more experience.

Currently, I shoot:

Browning Citori XS Sporting 20 ga - main gun

Huglu U2E O/U (Turkish gun) 12 ga - my first gun purchased. Very well made, very pretty, nice wood, and an excellent price.

My great-grandfather's 1929 Browning A-5 16 ga (pre sweet-sixteen). I had the 16 gauge restored, so I don't shoot it. I'm thinking of displaying it in my office. It is beautiful. Wood recheckered and refinished glossy, entire gun disassembled, reblued, and reassembled. As good as new for a 75 year old gun.

I'm about to pick up a Beretta Teknys Gold Sporting 12 gauge, with 28" barrels. Or I may save some $ and the Remmington 1100 Classic Field in 16 ga ( I love characteristics of the 16).

I'm still a beginner, but I love the sport.
Sammy
I've got a pump action 12 guage that'll hold 8 rounds, 18 inch barrel (almost) and pistol grip.
It's a great goose gun, except you have to be right up next to them gooses IPB Image

the word shotgun when used on a 914 forum usually refers to fuel injection troubleshooting. i.e. I think I'll use the shotgun aproach and just stasrt replacing stuff until the problem goes away. Can be very 'spensive.
scotty914
did some body say shot gun ? here scotts toolwench with one
jimtab
QUOTE (Rhodes71/914 @ Dec 23 2004, 09:41 PM)

Apparently you don't dive....we get to look at tons of boat trash, thiink before you sink....
Rhodes71/914
QUOTE (jimtab @ Dec 24 2004, 06:24 PM)

Apparently you don't dive....we get to look at tons of boat trash, thiink before you sink....

Actually I am certified and I do dive and I guess I should have been more descriptive when I said out to sea. By that I meant out in the open ocean.

We always followed these rules from the USCG placard that was on the galley wall

Wording is not mandatory, but placards must notify the reader that:

The discharge of plastic or garbage mixed with plastic into any  waters is prohibited. 

The discharge of all garbage is prohibited in the navigable waters  of the United States and , in all other waters. within three  nautical miles of the nearest land. 

The discharge of  dunnage, lining , and packing materials  that float is prohibited within 25 nautical miles of the nearest  land. 

Other unground garbage may be discharged beyond 12 nautical miles  from the nearest land. 

A person who violated the above requirements is liable for a civil  penalty of up to $25,000, a fine of up to $50,000 and imprisonment  for up to five years for each violation 

Regional state, and local restrictions on garbage discharges also  may apply
Twystd1
Shotgun you say..????

Just can't have enough guns.
Little ones, Big ones,
Loud ones,
tactical ones,
competition ones,
Stupid big (8 gauge) ones,
Heavy ones (50 BMG ones),
Match ones,
pretty ones,
Kinda heavy ones, (338 lapua)
Hunting ones,
Trap, Skeet, Over/under, side by side, pump,auto.
and of course the proverbial itty bitty ones for the pocket.

Shooting is definetly my passion and my sport of choice.

Tis kewl to know there are other shooters in the club.

I say we all go over to Jakes and hunt us all up some supper.

AND I'M COOKING (cause i am a bad ass chef)

Happy shooting holidays to you all....

Twystd1

Clayton Clark
jimtab
QUOTE (Rhodes71/914 @ Dec 24 2004, 07:17 PM)
QUOTE (jimtab @ Dec 24 2004, 06:24 PM)

Actually I am certified and I do dive and I guess I should have been more descriptive when I said out to sea. By that I meant out in the open ocean.

We always followed these rules from the USCG placard that was on the galley wall

Wording is not mandatory, but placards must notify the reader that:

The discharge of plastic or garbage mixed with plastic into any  waters is prohibited. 

The discharge of all garbage is prohibited in the navigable waters  of the United States and , in all other waters. within three  nautical miles of the nearest land. 

The discharge of  dunnage, lining , and packing materials  that float is prohibited within 25 nautical miles of the nearest  land. 

Other unground garbage may be discharged beyond 12 nautical miles  from the nearest land. 

A person who violated the above requirements is liable for a civil  penalty of up to $25,000, a fine of up to $50,000 and imprisonment  for up to five years for each violation 

Regional state, and local restrictions on garbage discharges also  may apply

Three miles is nice, and it may be legal but I, we dive as much as 110 miles off the California coast and we have found some unbelievable crap all over the bottom. Don't mean to preach, not my thing but, it goes somewhere and most of the life on this rock ball starts there, never shit where you eat or something...Merry Christmas tho....
Mueller
No shotgun...yet....still looking at them......want to try my hand at skeet/trap....I love those Citori's.....out of my price range right now, but I did find a barrel set for about $300 for one, wonder how hard it would be to build the rest of it from scratch IPB Image IPB Image

Hey Clayton....had dinner at my bro-in-laws house tonight...going to do some electrical work for him in exchange for a .30-06, not sure what kind yet, I'll get it next week or so IPB Image .... a little more kick than those "small-bores" which I am looking forward to IPB Image
GWN7
.30-06 is a good all around gun. You can make all sorts of different loads for the shells. From 110g @ 3600fps to 220g @ 2400fps Match what your shooting at. I've got two of them. If it's a Rem bolt and you don't want it, let me know. IPB Image

IPB Image
Twystd1
Mueller,
I just got your 10/22 all cleaned and ready to go. Got a scope for it also....

Decent scope, variable. Took it out last week and tore the hell out of a paper plate with a bunch of red stickys on it... Shoots fine.

I also have a 30.06 for you that is scoped, if you don't like what your brother in law has for you.

Let me know if ya still want the 17 HMR. If not... dream about something else that you want and I will see about getting it for you.

By the way, I have a neat Hi-Cap 9mm Taurus that you may want for a back up. let me know if your interested.
Happy Holidays Mueller......

Clayton
IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.