Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Battery cable
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
boxsterfan
My battery cable that goes to the starter is getting pretty weathered (at the battery side). I've got some electrical tape wrapped around it now.

How long and what gauge is that cable? I assume i can pick one up at FLAPS?
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(boxsterfan @ Nov 11 2013, 10:40 AM) *

My battery cable that goes to the starter is getting pretty weathered (at the battery side). I've got some electrical tape wrapped around it now.

I may be wrong but I thought Jeff Bowlsby (in San Ramon) makes replacements.
Rotary'14

Your local auto parts place will have battery cables of various lengths with the battery terminal already on. It should be 4 guage or larger, and cost less than $12 bucks.

-Robert
boxsterfan
QUOTE(Rotary'14 @ Nov 11 2013, 12:14 PM) *

Your local auto parts place will have battery cables of various lengths with the battery terminal already on. It should be 4 guage or larger, and cost less than $12 bucks.

-Robert

Great, anyone know the length it should be? Just don't want to get one too long even though that could be tied up I suppose.
rhodyguy
just post a WTB ad. no doubt someone will have a GOOD, SERVICEABLE one they would love to sell you. keep the money in the family.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.