Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ISO Firewall shift linkage boot
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
HalfMoon
Anyone know where these can be obtained?
Tanx!
D
jimkelly
pls post a pic

side shift or tail shift trans ??
HalfMoon
QUOTE(jimkelly @ Nov 11 2013, 05:22 PM) *

pls post a pic

side shift or tail shift trans ??

Sideshift, 1973
Click to view attachment
914_teener
Pretty sure RPM has a box of those boots.......
JawjaPorsche
Auto Atlanta has them:

http://www.autoatlanta.com/Porsche-Rubber-...1442416902.html
HalfMoon
QUOTE(JawjaPorsche @ Nov 11 2013, 06:01 PM) *

Thanks!
JawjaPorsche
You are welcome! Glad to help! beerchug.gif
McMark
You mean AutoAtlanta lists on them on their site. Actually having them is a completely different question. shades.gif

I would have said that if you posted this in the WTB classifieds section to begin with, you'd probably have one on the way to you already.
HalfMoon
QUOTE(McMark @ Nov 11 2013, 08:34 PM) *

You mean AutoAtlanta lists on them on their site. Actually having them is a completely different question. shades.gif

I would have said that if you posted this in the WTB classifieds section to begin with, you'd probably have one on the way to you already.

I thought the classified section was primarily for used parts from individuals and as I wanted to buy a new one I thought the garage would have been the best place to have asked for advice on vendors. Oddly enough, while AA has them listed I've been advised to seek the part elsewhere.
I might add, AA lists the W short shifter for $69.99 while Pelican has the same part for $99.99. I hope Pelican will match price as I'd much prefer staying with them as I've had good experiences thusfar.
rhodyguy
a boot, in excellent shape, will be available via the classifieds here at a more reasonable price. it will never be seen so why pay more than you have to? @$41.08 new, even used @ $25 from AA+shipping (old paper catalog prices) AND handling is far too much $ imho. if you should post a WTB be very specific of the condition you expect. no rips, tears, or cracks.
HalfMoon
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Nov 12 2013, 10:56 AM) *

a boot, in excellent shape, will be available via the classifieds here at a more reasonable price. it will never be seen so why pay more than you have to? @$41.08 new, even used @ $25 from AA+shipping (old paper catalog prices) AND handling is far too much $ imho. if you should post a WTB be very specific of the condition you expect. no rips, tears, or cracks.

$24.50 + shipping at AA. I thought was reasonable for new, but have been warned off from AA by a trusted friend.
rhodyguy
you owe your friend a beer, cup of coffee, or an ice cream cone.
bulitt
QUOTE(HalfMoon @ Nov 12 2013, 10:37 AM) *

I thought the classified section was primarily for used parts from individuals and as I wanted to buy a new one I thought the garage would have been the best place to have asked for advice on vendors. Oddly enough, while AA has them listed I've been advised to seek the part elsewhere.
I might add, AA lists the W short shifter for $69.99 while Pelican has the same part for $99.99. I hope Pelican will match price as I'd much prefer staying with them as I've had good experiences thusfar.

Plenty of new parts to be had in the classifieds. Post a WTB ad over there as advised.
HalfMoon
QUOTE(bulitt @ Nov 12 2013, 05:23 PM) *

QUOTE(HalfMoon @ Nov 12 2013, 10:37 AM) *

Plenty of new parts to be had in the classifieds. Post a WTB ad over there as advised.

Lol, reading is fundemental. As previously mentioned while yes there are plenty of parts in our classifieds, they are USED parts. I (originally) wanted a NEW part which is why I posted in the garage. I was seeking the names of vendors for a wait for it....a NEW PART. So the advise while well intentioned was mis-guided as I wanted to purchase a....yep that's right, a NEW PART.
That said I appreciate the input from all despite the ar15.gif
The only new component was from AA.
Ya'll don't need to be snarky y'know (especially when you've not read the whole thread). Ok, I'm done being snarky now myself.
bandjoey
Mikey?
bulitt
How about Automotion- Firewall Boot

Sierra Madre- Boot
Mikey914
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Nov 12 2013, 05:54 PM) *

Mikey?

Not yet, but you know I can biggrin.gif
HalfMoon
QUOTE(bulitt @ Nov 12 2013, 10:04 PM) *

How about Automotion- Firewall Boot

Sierra Madre- Boot

Thanks for the tip smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.