Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: 914-6 heat exchangers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
puffinator
I have headers and would like to replace with heat exchangers.
toolguy
Good Luck. . In the last year I saw 2 good sets on Ebay, both used. . 1 was like new and went for right at $4000. . . the 2nd set were nice but used condition, IIRC they went for $3400. . .

Seems like an oppertunity for some enterprising soul to fab OE heater covers copies for people who want something akin to original. . .
Luke M
I have a pair of factory 914-6 heat exchangers for sale. $1200.00 plus shipping

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-914...exchangers.html
JmuRiz
I would like a good set too, just can't afford them.
I REALLY wish SSI made 6 exchangers.
914itis
Money can buy you these.
Heat exchangers
914itis
QUOTE(mepstein @ Nov 11 2013, 10:29 PM) *

smile.gif

Are you teasing us Mark?
bob
I have a set for sale. $1K.

-bob
JmuRiz
FWIW, I've heard the Patrick ones (BB) don't work so well. I'd be interested to see how the H&S ones work, but they are £1,400.00...ouch!
Steve
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Nov 12 2013, 05:46 AM) *

FWIW, I've heard the Patrick ones (BB) don't work so well. I'd be interested to see how the H&S ones work, but they are £1,400.00...ouch!

Talking to the guys locally, they say the B&B are better than nothing. They take the edge off, but will never toast you like the factory heat exchangers. I am running the factory heat exchangers with my 3.2 and they will roast you!!
puffinator
QUOTE(mepstein @ Nov 11 2013, 10:29 PM) *

smile.gif

Thanks for the pictures. Did you make them? The ones that are more contoured look really nice. If you made them, let us know how you did it.
JmuRiz
Those are the BB and H&S ones I responded about...
bob
pics.... 2nd picture shows a patch on the junction.

Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid=422
052]Click to view attachment
Mark Henry
What size of engine do you have?
puffinator
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Nov 12 2013, 09:26 PM) *

What size of engine do you have?

2.2 liter
mepstein
I updated the above post. Personally, I think a nice pair of porsche oem heat exchangers is the best.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.