Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Flying Lizards switching to Audi!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
carr914
What has become of this World?

Got word from Franz Blam that the Lizards will be racing Audi R8s next year in the Tudor United Sportscar Series!

http://www.autoweek.com/article/20131111/ALMS/131119979
no1uno
I guess anything is possible after The Racers Group switched to Aston Martin.
Mike Bellis
Mid engine and awesome! At least it's the same parent company. smile.gif
carr914
But the Racers Group made the switch before to Pontiac about 10 Years ago (which didn't work out) & Kevin is now the Official Aston Martin Program so he gets Money from Aston for the Tudor Series, the Contential Series and the One Marque Aston Cup Series.

The Lizards are just moving to a New (Old) Car. It's a shame that Porsche put it's eggs in the Core Autosports Basket!
ellisor3
Sure seems that Porsche is not providing a lot of support to non-factory teams. Sad.
ThePaintedMan
Porsche is screwy.gif IMHO. They do this all the time, throw support at a team for a few years then inexplicably it dries up. Before the Lizards it was TRG, before them, it was Dick Barbour, before that Alex Job.

The difference is, CORE didn't even have a full season under their belt and even WITH Patrick Long driving, they really never did anything impressive this season. As we all know, Falken beat them on *gasp* non-Michelin tires and in a 3 year old chassis!

At least Falken is getting one of the 991s next year!

Props to Seth and the Lizards though - they should be pretty competetive with the R8 and maybe catch Audi's eye for the future idea.gif
hot_shoe914
The R8s are a blast to drive on a race track. They handle really awesome and really put a grin on your face. At least it did mine every time I took one out on the track.

Shoe
piratenanner.gif
URY914
R8's are just 914s that have been reskined.
Matt Romanowski
You have to consider Seth driving in the equation too. He is good, but not nearly as good as a factory driver. Also, these are not willy nilly decions. I'm sure Porsche had good reason to move to supporting CORE.
krazykonrad
1. What is up with that? and
2. Is Tudor United SportsCar Championship what they're calling the Grand Am/ALMS series now?

Konrad
Vysoc
I did'nt say this but maybe Seth took the R8 out and started having better times on the track? The R8 has got to be easier to drive?
With the 991 GT3 RSR winning LeMans last Summer something does not add up, I saw the writing on the wall at the 2012 Petit LeMans when they started selling everything for pennies on the dollar.

Anyway it was a nice run Flying Lizards and Porsche .......at least I have a rear wing from the #44 car after a small incident at Lime Rock? confused24.gif

confused24.gif
Vysoc flag.gif
JoeSharp
The Audi's can beat the Porsches now they will have a team to do it with.
Go Flying Lizards….
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.