Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOLD: 1970 914 properly modified
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
boxstr
1970 914 -4 with appearance group including rear window defogger & front sway bar.
This has been a project car and was purchased as a roller without engine or transmission. Runs great.
Here’s what has been done over the past two years:
• Installed a freshly rebuilt (top end) late (1975) GA block 1.8 (<1000 miles – A & P Specialties) with early motor mount.
• Installed a 1974 side shift transmission
• All engine and heat duct sheet metal media blasted and repainted stain black. • Sourced & refinished 2.0 heat exchangers & Bursch exhaust.
• Sourced, refinished early style heat ducting
• Sourced, rebuilt & refinished heat duct flappers
• New empi HPMX carbs, linkage and manifolds (similar to webers)
• Painted & installed red carburetor rain hats
• Installed new Jwest shift linkage kit.
• Installed new Tangerine racing stainless steel fuel lines, fuel pump and fuel filter.
• New PMB rebuilt Front brake calipers
• Previous owner rebuilt rear calipers
• Installed new High torque starter
• PMB refinished jack
• Automobile Atlanta reproduction tool kit
• New Red Top Odyssey Battery
• Yellow Pilot Fog lights
• New CAMP 914 gas strut trunk shocks installed front and rear.
• New top seals installed – new targa seals included but not installed
• New secondary (4) circuit blade fuse block installed at battery.
• New 30 amp fuse installed at battery on primary circuit.
• New (reproduction) early engine rain tray.
• Two sets of ORIGINAL keys – (including valet) – all locks match!
• Refinished & installed late rear valence (steel)
eric• (4) New cip1 four lug gas burners wheels with new toyo T1R tires (< 500 miles) with enameled porsche center caps.
• Racemark Steering wheel currently installed with MOMO Porsche crest horn button. Originally silver but a previous owner painted ivory. Interior is excellent and dash has no cracks. Previous owner installed H4 headlights, red seatbelts and a blaupunkt stereo with 4x6 speakers.
Priced at $7500.
Priced at $8900. with new white paint, includes trunk and door jambs.
Contact CRAIG at 503-799-5794 or boxster@me.com
boxstr
pics
boxstr
Fly and Drive plan. If you fly in from out of state, and purchase this 914, you will be reimbursed your single air fare. Limited to West coast flights, in the CONUS.
Craig at CAMP
vinniedatorch
QUOTE(boxstr @ Nov 11 2013, 09:56 PM) *

pics

great fogs!
what kind of fog lights are these and where available? piratenanner.gif
boxstr
They are by Pilot. Can be purchases at FLAPS.
Craig at CAMP
Harpo
Very nice car Craig. I only wish that you were closer.

David
boxstr
David, good morning. Don't let the distance stop you. Transport delivery is available. Contact me if interested in a quote.
Craig at CAMP
boxstr
SALE PENDING

Craig at CAMP
2mAn
this is sold (not to me)
Chris H.
Don't worry, he'll have another one for sale soon.
AZ914
Very nice!
2mAn
QUOTE(Chris H. @ Mar 11 2014, 03:43 PM) *

Don't worry, he'll have another one for sale soon.

I know! Im already talking to him about it happy11.gif
Tom
If the new owner will contact me, I will send the parts to complete the 4 way fuse block installation. It was installed incorrectly and not according to the instructions sent with the kit. I have extra parts and will send them at no cost to you. If you happen to be local, I will come over and help you install them.
Tom
2mAn
QUOTE(Tom @ Mar 16 2014, 07:54 AM) *

If the new owner will contact me, I will send the parts to complete the 4 way fuse block installation. It was installed incorrectly and not according to the instructions sent with the kit. I have extra parts and will send them at no cost to you. If you happen to be local, I will come over and help you install them.
Tom

thats very nice of you Tom, I believe Craig told me it went to Florida!
BKLA
QUOTE(2mAn @ Mar 16 2014, 02:04 PM) *

QUOTE(Tom @ Mar 16 2014, 07:54 AM) *

Tom

thats very nice of you Tom, I believe Craig told me it went to Florida!

Tom - I set up your four way fuse differently, not because I couldn't follow your instructions, but because I used two of the fuses to handle additional un-fused circuits that a PO Had installed. The early cars had only three circuits. I used your kit for two of them and a separate large stereo fuse for the main large cable circuit.

When I sold the car to Craig, it had an additional set of hella 500 lights mounted to rennenmetal GT brackets that used one of the two circuits.
Tom
Brett,
Understood. However, the two cable clamps and nylon ties are not being used to keep the cable from the fuse panel to the battery positive still and not moving around. With soldered connections, it is important to keep movement to a minimum.
Stock the 4 red wires were soldered to connectors and should have been kept tied to the large battery cable to minimize movement. They may have been from the factory, but I never saw one still tied down. Mostly they were left to move around which caused many of them to have broken strands in the wire to connector area. In my thread at the time I placed pictures of how to ensure this did not happen to the new cable.
I sent Craig a PM, but never got an answer back. Didn't you get a couple of kits? If you are missing the cable clamps and nylon ties, let me know and I will send you what you need.
The two pictures added to show how to keep the movement of that cable to a bare minimum.
Tom
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.