Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Roller chassis value
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pete-stevers
Please if you have bought or sold a 914-6 gt clone in the last couple of yrs...please let me know by pm or posting...I need as many "like" cars for insurance purposes...

Hi guys...My 914 burnt in a fire/ and I am looking for some examples of what a car like this has sold for in the past year or two, w/o motor and tranny
or one with a tranny and 3.0 six installed

My chassis has 16x7, 8s
es 100s one season left
sc front suspension
billy shocks, adjustable rear, 180 springs
pmb built calipers front
pmb spaced rear calipers
drilled rotors
19 master
foot well sub
mp3 player/ amp and head unit
mint orig interior
fan belt cut out
orig oil tank, filler and console
zero rust on body
AA steel flares
jwest shifter
glass front rear bumpers gt style
had fresh paint
3.0 tach
69 911 rear hubs
rj engine mount
cis fuel pump
External front mounted cooler
mocal thermostat
turbo tie rods
yellow fogs
momo wheel and hub
and tons and tons of sentimental value
pete-stevers
I am hoping that the info is useful for insurance purposes...
not ...that will buff out kinda thread
balljoint
There should be a very reasonable collection of sales in the classifieds on this site.

I hope everything works out okay for you.
jeeperjohn56
That sucks, sorry for your lost and hope everything works out. John
rick 918-S
Really sorry to see this.

This car just sold sounds similar to yours. We all thought it was a bargain.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=222768

Here's another one. Glass flares not steel.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=216589

rhodyguy
while cool, the white car still required some assembly, and more limited appeal so add a pretty good sized tower of loonies to that price. no comparison with the silver car. did you have a stated or agreed value with your ins carrier? sorry for your catastrophe pete.
Cairo94507
What a horrible thing to have happened. I feel for you and hope your insurance company can make you whole with cash for the money you spent on that beautiful car.

I feel so sorry that this happened to you and your family. sad.gif
JRust
McMark just sold his steel flared roller. Needed paint but otherwise was similar to yours. I think it was in the 6-7k range as a roller
Mblizzard
I guess I am a little confused. The title suggests you are seeking the value of the car as a roller. Is that really relevant for the insurance? Meaning roller vs moving. The car should be insured and paid out for based on its insured value or its value as a complete car regardless of the engine being in it or on a shelf. If you look at it from a roller view point you give up money from the start. You have lost the car regardless of whether or not you could drive it. Clearly your intent with the listed upgrades was to drive it. So I would not accept less because it was a roller.

I could be miss understanding your question here so if I got it wrong I apologize.

What a terrible thing to happen.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Nov 12 2013, 07:48 AM) *

I guess I am a little confused. The title suggests you are seeking the value of the car as a roller. Is that really relevant for the insurance? Meaning roller vs moving. The car should be insured and paid out for based on its insured value or its value as a complete car regardless of the engine being in it or on a shelf. If you look at it from a roller view point you give up money from the start. You have lost the car regardless of whether or not you could drive it. Clearly your intent with the listed upgrades was to drive it. So I would not accept less because it was a roller.

I could be miss understanding your question here so if I got it wrong I apologize.

What a terrible thing to happen.

His engine was out of the car. So, it would have been insured under his homeowner policy if at all. Not sure of Canadian insurance practice but I suspect that is why...

Mark's flared roller wasn't as polished as yours Steve. I'd say $8-10K or more. Receipts are king!
pete-stevers
I am looking for a valuation, on a complete car sold or a roller with similar ad ons
this is the car before the fire, and this is the car that I am looking for a value on ....before the fire
pete-stevers
I am not really looking for opinions, but substantiated sales.... of like cars not rolling wrecks or baskets, as sales are true test of market value
rhodyguy
not addressing your wants…but…non-runner/no engine makes a dif. what was your car's status? i learned the hard way when the carport fell on the 75'. adj was clueless until i pointed it out and i left money on the table. when the adj shows up don't do their work for them. they catch it? "oops. my bad". otherwise $30k. you must be approaching that point prior to the burn.
boxsterfan
That car would sell for around $35-40K in today's market. You have a ton of upgrades and pristine condition.
pete-stevers
Thanks Kevin...the car had the engine out and on a table right beside the car with all the parts ready fore build up,
The question the insurance will ask is what is value of a like car with or without the engine, and the test is what did it sell for
once I have approx ten cars ....Sold...I will present it to the insurer
and I will provide a compiled list of parts and prices as well

rick 918-S
Steve,

Was your car a factory 6 or conversion?

I was an auto damage appraiser. This is how I viewed vehicles. All cars have tires, engines, body panels and interior of some kind. I would look at your vehicle as a complete car. Running or not would make no difference. The engine was there and not missing.

I always tell guys with damaged cars to do your own homework ASAP and present it to the appraiser when he arrives. I would use the car with the bolted flares.

You need three cars that sold lately. The formula is add the three cars sale prices then divide by three to get a fair market value.

Guy's lets find Steve a few more recent sales.
pete-stevers
The car is a 75 converted
rick 918-S
OK, I would suggest you start a search on car sales on Ebay and the high end car sales sources.

Here's another one

http://www.autoatlanta.com/carsales/porsch...ing.php?id=1437
scotty b
agree.gif with Rick, with the caveat that IMHO the AA car is way out of range.

Based on what I know of it, I'd put yours in the 20-25k range. The AA car is 30k as is, 35k if the bumpers and rockers were redone, some interior and undercarriage, shots were provided, and the engine was well documented ( given the source ) but that's all a matter of taste confused24.gif
VegasRacer
sad.gif The Harlot. sad2.gif
rhodyguy
but its all about the averages right? so say there's 5 similar cars. do the high and the low get tossed and the average is based on the remaining 3?
SLITS
sold on eBay ..$16,700

Real /6s $27K & up
pete-stevers
Here is the write up on the car
5 lug conversion with 911 alloy front cross member w bilsteins
Goodrich G force 205x55x16 tires with less than 2500 miles on them
911 Carrera front brakes 914-6 rear calipers ventilated disc all around
180 lb springs with KYB rear shocks
front sway bar with reinforced mount plates
Engine is a 1989 3.2 with less than 60 k miles
Largest Setrab oil cooler in front trunk with fan (106 degree Texas day in traffic and oil temp below 185)
battery in rear trunk
4 refinished Fusch 6x16 wheels with a fifth one as a spare in trunk
crank-fire edis ignition with Megasquirt II ECM
high impedance injectors
fuel pressure regulator with gauge
Kennedy adapter plate, flywheel and stage II clutch
914-6 body reinforcement panels installed
All rust repaired with restoration design sheet metal
epoxy primed and rhino undercoated after sandblasting
New windshield with updated weather seal
dual exhaust with custom mufflers
seats recovered and nos unblemished dash pad
innovate AFR , oil temp and pressure gauges
Wide band O2 sensor
Turbo tie rods
poly bushings in suspension
19mm master cylinder on brakes
Paint is an ok 20 footer
If you know 914s you will see all the hard work is done.
went to two PCA DEs at Texas world speedway and it is an amazing little track car. The instructors were lining up to ride in it.
Like all 914s, stock or modified, this is NOT a car for the mechanically challenged, unless you have plenty of disposable income to pay the oh so hard to find 914 mechanic.
Clear Texas title, show up with cash and drive it home.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Nov 13 2013, 07:27 AM) *

but its all about the averages right? so say there's 5 similar cars. do the high and the low get tossed and the average is based on the remaining 3?

When I was doing appraisals for insurance carriers I would take the top three as long as they were like, kind and quality. Not all appraisers are like minded. This means to me...not a factory 6 but a conversion, flared car leaning to steel as they are much more work to install. But sometimes you can't always find good comps.

Now, as I have stated before. You absolutely need to get your own comps before the appraiser arrives. All the guys I worked with over the years knew nothing about cars. Just college geeks (sometimes barely an AA) that were trained to use a program and close files.

Do not let the guy leave without your paper work or at least a full on discussion. Most appraisers will be stand offish but nice. Once they log into their computer and enter the numbers they are stuck as the information is automated and the report to the company with a low value is hard to call back.

It's not that the appraisers are bad guys. I used to be one. It's their lack on knowledge about classic cars and values and the fact that their estimating and valuation system is not designed for classic cars.

Do your own homework or suffer the consequences.
boxstr
I sold a steel flared no engine,roller for $8500 everything thing else was there. Also sold a few steel flared drivers, between $16500 and $32000.
Craig at CAMP
pete-stevers
Thanks Craig, could you post pictures and write ups of each please...
shoguneagle
I am very sorry to hear about your fire loss. The feelings are the same as a theft loss only probably worse. I really hope you get the value out of your car since it was in such "primo" shape.

I was looking at the pictures and there seems to be a good possibility that it could be saved, at least judging from the right front side angle. I do not see any warpage, no melted tires, etc. I know the strength of the metal may be affected but the heat of the fire indicates just burning surfaces, etc. I really would like to see any 914 such as yours returned to the street restored. Hope this is the case.

Steve
rick 918-S
QUOTE(shoguneagle @ Nov 14 2013, 10:07 PM) *

I am very sorry to hear about your fire loss. The feelings are the same as a theft loss only probably worse. I really hope you get the value out of your car since it was in such "primo" shape.

I was looking at the pictures and there seems to be a good possibility that it could be saved, at least judging from the right front side angle. I do not see any warpage, no melted tires, etc. I know the strength of the metal may be affected but the heat of the fire indicates just burning surfaces, etc. I really would like to see any 914 such as yours returned to the street restored. Hope this is the case.

Steve

Toast.

Ever try to remove melted plastic from scorched metel? Things like the clutch tube with melted nylon inside of it. Every seam exposed to heat then water is now on it's way to rusting. The only possibility would be to dip it in acid then dip E-Coat it. This would still not correct any warpage caused by the heat and flames. If it were a factory 6 shell I would consider it.

Cut off the flares, sand blast and prime them and get a new shell.
pete-stevers
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Nov 16 2013, 07:43 AM) *

QUOTE(shoguneagle @ Nov 14 2013, 10:07 PM) *

Steve

Toast.

Ever try to remove melted plastic from scorched metel? Things like the clutch tube with melted nylon inside of it. Every seam exposed to heat then water is now on it's way to rusting. The only possibility would be to dip it in acid then dip E-Coat it. This would still not correct any warpage caused by the heat and flames. If it were a factory 6 shell I would consider it.

Cut off the flares, sand blast and prime them and get a new shell.

That wa my thought as well Rick... But the heat was not to high in this area of the fire.. which could be the tubs saving grace
pete-stevers
Bump
Please post/pm me any 9146 gt clones you have bought or sold in the last couple of yrs
porbmw
QUOTE(pete-stevers @ Nov 11 2013, 09:58 PM) *

Please if you have bought or sold a 914-6 gt clone in the last couple of yrs...please let me know by pm or posting...I need as many "like" cars for insurance purposes...

Hi guys...My 914 burnt in a fire/ and I am looking for some examples of what a car like this has sold for in the past year or two, w/o motor and tranny
or one with a tranny and 3.0 six installed

My chassis has 16x7, 8s
es 100s one season left
sc front suspension
billy shocks, adjustable rear, 180 springs
pmb built calipers front
pmb spaced rear calipers
drilled rotors
19 master
foot well sub
mp3 player/ amp and head unit
mint orig interior
fan belt cut out
orig oil tank, filler and console
zero rust on body
AA steel flares
jwest shifter
glass front rear bumpers gt style
had fresh paint
3.0 tach
69 911 rear hubs
rj engine mount
cis fuel pump
External front mounted cooler
mocal thermostat
turbo tie rods
yellow fogs
momo wheel and hub
and tons and tons of sentimental value

That REALLY hurts...sorry to see it.

Have been dealing with ICBC in last few months re 74 1.8 that I dissassembled, fixed up, reassembled for my daughter...who promptly pronged the front right front
ICBC was going to write it off....a no accident car, literally no rust, original in many ways, and much money spent on refurbishing, repaint etc...to be as close to original without going stupid.

ICBC ended up getting it appraised...$11.5K....but still not resolving issues.

Good luck with it, don't know if this helps, as the 2 cars are entirely different, but both nice.

Paul
euro911
A little OT, but did the fire start in the car, or elsewhere in the garage?

Sorry to see this sad.gif
pete-stevers
the fire started in the shop with contact cement applied for carpet install , and a spark from a soddering lit it up, no rear wheels on the car, and the electric door shut, only one half bucket of water and he coudn't find the extinguisher...
by that time the breakers had kicked and the only light he had was the fire itself,
he is lucky back door was not locked, and the window bars had not been put back in since renos, or we would be looking at pealing him off the cement
patrick3000
Sorry for your loss!

IPB Image

1970 - 6 conversion

28K 10/2011

1988 911 3.2
Steel factory flares
15x8 Fuchs
SC front suspension
Six dash
901 box w/ intermediate plate and LSD
Fiberglass hood, trunk and bumpers
44 turbo calipers
External front oil cooler
GT engine lid
pete-stevers
thank you!!
pete-stevers
no other GTs??
VegasRacer
Mountain 914's for sale ad from a few years ago. I don't know what happened with this nice car.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.