Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whats the current rate for new windshields
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
wndsnd
Getting ready for the big finishing touch!

I have a quote coming in from a local supplier, but would like to check around.

Thanks
John
ConeDodger
Finding a Sigla might be tough and if you can, you'd be lucky if it didn't need shipping. I got mine through the Porsche dealer so the shipping was on their dime. I recall it was $300 after my discount (PCA).
wndsnd
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Nov 12 2013, 11:00 AM) *

Finding a Sigla might be tough and if you can, you'd be lucky if it didn't need shipping. I got mine through the Porsche dealer so the shipping was on their dime. I recall it was $300 after my discount (PCA).

Do I care about Sigla, it's hardly stock.
ConeDodger
I've heard of wonky fit with the aftermarket but that could be the damned car after 40+ years. confused24.gif
As I recall the aftermarket windows were $100 or so less and far more available...
914itis
I have one here in NY,
I had to send it to GA to my brother, I believe it is original.
Shipping there will be a killer , if you need it, we can make a deal and I will have him buy one there.
You can pick it up .
Let me know.
wndsnd
QUOTE(914itis @ Nov 12 2013, 11:24 AM) *

I have one here in NY,
Shipping there will be a killer , if you need it, we can make a deal and I will have him buy one there.
You can pick it up .
Let me know.

Is it new

How much

Where is it I am on way to ny now
914itis
It is in queens, about 2 miles from Kennedy airport, not new but excellent shape. I will PM you my number.
rmital
QUOTE(wndsnd @ Nov 12 2013, 11:49 AM) *

I have one here in NY,
You can pick it up .
Let me know.

Is it new

How much

...are you going to be around the Northern Jersey area this evening???
wndsnd
QUOTE(rmital @ Nov 12 2013, 12:16 PM) *

QUOTE(wndsnd @ Nov 12 2013, 11:49 AM) *

I have one here in NY,
You can pick it up .
Let me know.

Is it new

How much

...are you going to be around the Northern Jersey area this evening???

Not this time will be on Long Island
I just had one put in with rubber trim and labor for $325.00
LotusJoe
I got mine for $220.00 installed.
Here is my thread when I had it done.
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...p;hl=windshield
wndsnd
QUOTE(LotusJoe @ Nov 12 2013, 12:37 PM) *

I got mine for $220.00 installed.
Here is my thread when I had it done.
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...p;hl=windshield

That seems like a good price but then I am on the east coast.
r_towle
ProSource Glass International
PO Box 996
Andover, MA 01810
Tel:877-345-2800
978-975-5400
Fax:978-975-5300
email:richardt@prosourceglassintl.com
wndsnd
QUOTE(r_towle @ Nov 12 2013, 02:49 PM) *

PO Box 996
Andover, MA 01810
978-975-5400

Thanks

I sent him an email for quote
wndsnd
QUOTE(r_towle @ Nov 12 2013, 02:49 PM) *

PO Box 996
Andover, MA 01810
978-975-5400

Great Price and in stock locally.
Thanks Rich.
somd914
Damn I need to make a road trip up the coast!

I'm looking to have mine done - local shops in southern MD want around $400 for mobile service, Safelite came in around $350 with coming to the house, but that turned into a week-long cluster of first dealing with the national call center who found the glass in a business day, then came the local shop who contacted Porsche then informed me the windshield is no longer available and insisted nobody else makes it. The local guys refused to talk to the national center (had names and numbers for them). It went down hill from there. ar15.gif

I'll give a little extra $$ to the local mom & pop shops!
wndsnd
QUOTE(somd914 @ Nov 12 2013, 06:58 PM) *

I'm looking to have mine done - local shops in southern MD want around $400 for mobile service, Safelite came in around $350 with coming to the house, but that turned into a week-long cluster of first dealing with the national call center who found the glass in a business day, then came the local shop who contacted Porsche then informed me the windshield is no longer available and insisted nobody else makes it. The local guys refused to talk to the national center (had names and numbers for them). It went down hill from there. ar15.gif

$195 from Towle's guy for a tinted windshield. However I have to pick up locally and install.
Another Shop wanted $434 installed
beech4rd
QUOTE(somd914 @ Nov 12 2013, 06:58 PM) *

I'm not that impressed by any of them. I recently had to replace the windscreen in my 911 so I took it to a local mom and pop shop. I was told they couldn't do it because "You have to remove the dash first". In the workshop manual for the 911, the first step in the process of removing the dash involves removing the windscreen. A chain quoted me for replacing my Eurovan glass and explained that it was very difficult to find the glass. A VW dealer a half mile away replaced the windscreen with a genuine made in Germay part for $325 less than S.....ite quoted. Two days later.
t collins
Guardian Auto Glass installed my new windshield today @ $255.
hot_shoe914
I had a tinted one installed today with black rubber trim for 225.00.
chads74
If you have glass coverage on your insurance check with them, my insurance worked with a local company who had my new windshield in the very next day. They even came and did it in my driveway and put on the rubber trim replacement from 914rubber.
wndsnd
QUOTE(chads74 @ Nov 13 2013, 03:26 PM) *

If you have glass coverage on your insurance check with them, my insurance worked with a local company who had my new windshield in the very next day. They even came and did it in my driveway and put on the rubber trim replacement from 914rubber.

Thanks we do have glass coverage on our other cars but the 914 is unregistered or insured at this point.

chads74
QUOTE(wndsnd @ Nov 13 2013, 02:06 PM) *

QUOTE(chads74 @ Nov 13 2013, 03:26 PM) *

Thanks we do have glass coverage on our other cars but the 914 is unregistered or insured at this point.

Ok just thought I would put it out there. Good luck finding a decent priced replacement.
wndsnd
Got a brand new tinter from ProSource Glass International. Excellent price and outstanding service. I recommend to all.

John
Drums66
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Nov 12 2013, 07:55 PM) *

I had a tinted one installed today with black rubber trim for 225.00.

.....The last 1.. I had installed,was this price(225.00)but...I used stock trim!

bye1.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.