Came across this tumblr site:

http://ceremonyinalonelyplace.tumblr.com

When you get there, look below the green square and click 'das914'

siverson
Here is a link:

http://das914.tumblr.com/

-Steve
oldschool
Very cool...saw a few car I seen in person...
SirAndy
I just wish people wouldn't butcher my language like that ...

"Das 914" makes the grammer nazi in me cringe!
icon8.gif
URY914
I've been watching this blog for months.
r_towle
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Nov 12 2013, 05:25 PM) *

icon8.gif

Der 914?

What is correct?
SirAndy
QUOTE(r_towle @ Nov 12 2013, 07:01 PM) *
Der 914

That would certainly make a lot more sense ...
shades.gif
tscrihfield
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Nov 13 2013, 03:58 PM) *

QUOTE(r_towle @ Nov 12 2013, 07:01 PM) *
Der 914

That would certainly make a lot more sense ...
shades.gif

Wouldn't

"Die 914" be more correct. I am trying to remember from what my grandfather taught me. I forget since I have only one person I can speak the language with.
SirAndy
QUOTE(tscrihfield @ Nov 13 2013, 05:01 PM) *
Wouldn't "Die 914" be more correct.

No, it wouldn't ... shades.gif

One would use "Die 914er" if you were referring to a group of specific 914s, for example, if you owned more than one and i was referring to your specific group of 914s:
"Die 914er vom tscrihfield' = tscrihfield's 914s

On the other hand "Der 914er" can either be on specific one or all of the 914s as a whole.

"Der 914 in meiner Garage" = The 914 in my garage
"Der 914 war ein ungewöhnliches Konzept" = The 914 was an unusual concept

carr914
WTF.gif

I've owned half of all 914s ever produced and I only rate a few pictures sad.gif

and URY only got 1. Obviously this Douche knows nothing about 914s
Elliot Cannon
Knife, fork and spoon. They are assigned Das, der and die. (And I can't remember which is which). headbang.gif One is masculine the other feminine and the other neutral. And they say English if difficult. lol-2.gif av-943.gif
veekry9
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Nov 13 2013, 09:25 PM) *

QUOTE(tscrihfield @ Nov 13 2013, 05:01 PM) *
Wouldn't "Die 914" be more correct.

No, it wouldn't ... shades.gif

One would use "Die 914er" if you were referring to a group of specific 914s, for example, if you owned more than one and i was referring to your specific group of 914s:
"Die 914er vom tscrihfield' = tscrihfield's 914s

On the other hand "Der 914er" can either be on specific one or all of the 914s as a whole.

"Der 914 in meiner Garage" = The 914 in my garage
"Der 914 war ein ungewöhnliches Konzept" = The 914 was an unusual concept

Yes it was,for the time,back then in the mid-60's.Having had a look at the Corvair's end of production,and how to sell sportscars in the same market.
"Der 914 in meiner Garage" = The 914 in my garage.
And the method of returning of the car to "better than new",with modern amenities such as int-wipers and heated seats.When the Porsche design studio first produced the clay,what words would they have possibly used to describe the shapes ultimately selected?
You know,the words?
SirAndy
QUOTE(veekry9 @ Nov 15 2013, 02:56 PM) *
Yes it was,for the time,back then in the mid-60's.Having had a look at the Corvair's end of production,and how to sell sportscars in the same market.
And the method of returning of the car to "better than new",with modern amenities such as int-wipers and heated seats.When the Porsche design studio first produced the clay,what words would they have possibly used to describe the shapes ultimately selected?

I have no idea what you just said and why ... confused24.gif
tscrihfield
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Nov 15 2013, 06:03 PM) *

QUOTE(veekry9 @ Nov 15 2013, 02:56 PM) *

I have no idea what you just said and why ... confused24.gif

biggrin.gif sorry not to join in, it just made me laugh.

Yeah, my teacher was some 50+ years out of country when he was teaching me. Mostly all that stuck was curse words and fowl sayings... Didn't mean to butcher the language!

Fur gott und vaderland
Steve
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Nov 12 2013, 02:25 PM) *

icon8.gif

I get it, but it's too funny that Volkswagens new advertising on TV is Das Volkswagen.
Mayber Der is two confusing for the American audience. Maybe Der is to close to Der Wiener Schnitzel. Lol
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.