Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Door/Trunk locks removal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
arcadeforever
I was wondering if anyone knows if its possible to remove the lock cylinder from a lock without the key? and if so do any of the locks other than the ignition have the key code on them?

I have a full set of locks with no key and I am trying to find a code. I already know from experience yesterday that I cant remove the ignition lock without the key, but I wonder if any of the others will come out?

thanks
Wayne
rhodyguy
take one of the lock assems to a competent locksmith. the tumblers can be read with a soft blank. the blank is compared to a chart and the permanent key can then be cut. hope that all of your locks are the same key pattern as the ignition switch.
Dave_Darling
You can remove the lock cylinder without a key. Usually the key is used to keep the wafers inside the lock from jumping out under spring pressure and teleporting themselves into the Twilight Zone where they will never be found. BTW, any key can be used for that purpose; the "correct" key is not required.

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.