Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Frua 914: the other Italiajn 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
HistoryBuff
While researching the Tapiro I came across the Frua 914. I have to say that it is less original in shape than the Tapiro and even in the research I did I cound a comment that the Spanish importer who ordered it for $200,000 wanted it to be a copy of the Mercedes C111 turbine car. On the other hand, as a collector car it seems not to have had the disaster of being burned out like the Giugiaro car.
But its road was not smooth, somehoe it was snatched by Swiss customs because somebody didn't want to pay the import duty (it would seem that would be discouraging to automakers wanting to show their cars at the Geneva show, but hey, go figure). So I was wondering what happened to the car after it was snatched; who bought it, for what amount and if it's out and about the concours circuit today.

Lastly I wanted to know if it was a 914 four cylinder or 914/6 and if anyone has an opinion on value. In my research on other one-off cars, I found some of the Giugiaro ones are going for a millionor more (the Aston Martin DB4GT he did went for $5 million USD!) but since this is not a Giugiaro I was wondering what it's worth? I' guessing it at least to be worth what the Spanish importer paid to have it built--$200,000 but haven't heard of anyone searching for this temporarily lost (or missing from public view) treasure.
rick 918-S
Well it's a 5 bolt so it could be a 6.
SirAndy
QUOTE(HistoryBuff @ Nov 12 2013, 10:45 AM) *
Lastly I wanted to know if it was a 914 four cylinder or 914/6

It was build using a /6 chassis. I have some more info at home i can dig through tonight ...
idea.gif
Gustl
QUOTE(HistoryBuff @ Nov 12 2013, 07:45 PM) *

Lastly I wanted to know if it was a 914 four cylinder or 914/6 and if anyone has an opinion on value.

it was built on 914.0.43.0980 - originally 2910 canary yellow
engine is a modified 2.4L @ 225 HP

from my best knowledge, the car is in good condition & drivable

bandjoey
http://www.pietro-frua.de/1971_porsche.htm

Somebody has one
r_towle
Looks like you would need to lay on the rear trunk to get to the motor.
Kraftwerk
Looks like Campagnolo rims...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.