Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Very nice all metal customized 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
reharvey
Found this photo that I took at the San Diego Porsche Parade in 1992. Is this car still on the west coast? Have anyone seen it? The panel work is top notch and all metal. Somebody put a lot of time and effort into it.
sixnotfour
Its got a hard top now, its still around.
mittelmotor
I saw it a few years ago at the Coronado Historic races, in the paddock with the other Porsches. Even cooler in person than in the photos.
Cairo94507
Not my style but it certainly appears that it is a top quality modification. I would like to see it in person.
JmuRiz
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Nov 12 2013, 02:38 PM) *

IPB Image
IPB Image
reharvey
Wow! That is so cool. Fantastic metal work!
Elliot Cannon
Reminds me of this 1960 Thunderbird built with a stainless steel body. Way before Delorean.
zambezi
Ford has an even earlier use than that t-bird. They built 6 of these 1936 fords for promotional advertising back in 1936.
Click to view attachment
Rand
This car pops up on the radar every year or two. There are several threads on it with lots more info. Nice craftsmanship.
76-914
QUOTE(zambezi @ Nov 12 2013, 07:30 PM) *

Ford has an even earlier use than that t-bird. They built 6 of these 1936 fords for promotional advertising back in 1936.
Click to view attachment

And before that, the first two years of Lincoln's were SS.
biosurfer1
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Nov 12 2013, 04:37 PM) *

IPB Image
IPB Image

You sure that is the same car? They completely re-did the front valance, side vents and rear end if it is.
monkeyboy
It's still in the San Diego area I believe. I see it at the Goodguys shows in Del Mar every year.
mittelmotor
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Nov 13 2013, 07:41 AM) *

QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Nov 12 2013, 04:37 PM) *

IPB Image
IPB Image

You sure that is the same car? They completely re-did the front valance, side vents and rear end if it is.

Yes, same car. Those metal working guys can never leave anything alone! I think the vents in the hood really add to the overall look. The seats are formed aluminum too, kinda like a Kirkey, though they appear to have covers on them in the latest shots. The can't be too comfortable.
BKLA
Its as illusive as the fabled "ankle biter". Another mythical creature...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.