Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Targa bar pad
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
boxsterfan
My targa bar pad looks OK, but is certainly worse for wear at the outer edges.

How do you get these restored? Upholstery shop?
sbsix
QUOTE(boxsterfan @ Nov 12 2013, 04:42 PM) *

My targa bar pad looks OK, but is certainly worse for wear at the outer edges.

How do you get these restored? Upholstery shop?

Check out Just Dashes in Van Nuys. They recover 914 interior parts.
Highland
Curious if anyone has used "Just Dashes" in Van Nuys.

They gave me a quote of $650 and 8 weeks to recover the dashboard. Has anyone had this done? If so, does the dash look like new for $650?
LotusJoe
QUOTE(Highland @ Nov 13 2013, 06:33 PM) *

Curious if anyone has used "Just Dashes" in Van Nuys.

They gave me a quote of $650 and 8 weeks to recover the dashboard. Has anyone had this done? If so, does the dash look like new for $650?

I used them for my dash, A-pillars, Targa, B-pillars and the piece that goes along the top of the windshield. Very satisfied with the results. Not cheap but they did a very nice job. I also gave them all the remaining vinyl parts that where in good shape and they cleaned and resprayed black to match the redone pieces.
Mikey914
Actually working with James to produce these. Using a stainless substructure. Still waiting for the prototypes from him, but hopefully a few weeks. I didn't want to post til We had a schedule we could deliver parts, but Yes.
My best guess is mid January for complete units, not refurbished. Target price is under $500.
gothspeed
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Nov 13 2013, 07:53 PM) *

Actually working with James to produce these. Using a stainless substructure. Still waiting for the prototypes from him, but hopefully a few weeks. I didn't want to post til We had a schedule we could deliver parts, but Yes.
My best guess is mid January for complete units, not refurbished. Target price is under $500.

Will you be making the standard Gauge Dash Pad too? smile.gif
Mikey914
QUOTE(gothspeed @ Nov 13 2013, 09:58 PM) *

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Nov 13 2013, 07:53 PM) *

Will you be making the standard Gauge Dash Pad too? smile.gif

With James, I've learned one thing at a time.
I know George was working on doing those, They are much more complicated in the substructure, but could be done. It this time we have no plans to.
boxsterfan
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Nov 13 2013, 06:53 PM) *

That's awesome! Certainly a troubled area on many cars that is NLA.
Highland
So no plans to reproduce the dashboard, just the rear top targa pad?
sbsix
I used Just Dashes to redo my interior; dash, under dash pad, targa bar and front top piece, door armrest and map bucket, passenger side armrest pieces, and the A and B pillars. The material is a very close match to original.

Expensive and better than new, in my opinion, but well worth it, since I could not find any NOS replacement pieces that were available and affordable. I even had them delete the ashtray cutout in the dash since I just hated the look of it. Much cleaner look to the dash now.

Summer time takes longer because they are very busy then, winter less so.
Mikey914
QUOTE(Highland @ Nov 14 2013, 08:19 AM) *

So no plans to reproduce the dashboard, just the rear top targa pad?

I would not say ever, but right now I have too much on my plate to take it on.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.