Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 5-Lug Conversion to Mount Fuchs....Advice?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
'70PVW914
So, as a sidebar to all of the other work I am doing on my car currently; I have an oppertunity to pick up a set of 1969 FUCHS to match my 1970 914 for a $700, or $400 plus my Mahle Rims.....(im sure theres room to negotiate, and I feel like I can get $700 for my Mahles). Does this seem like a good deal? And in addition...how would I mount these! I have read a lot and I'm not sure if wheel spacers would work w/ the clearance from the rear fender. Any experience? Whats the best way to get FUCHS on there? NEED HELP because I simply must have these wheels!
Jeffs9146
QUOTE('70PVW914 @ Nov 12 2013, 06:59 PM) *

So, as a sidebar to all of the other work I am doing on my car currently; I have an oppertunity to pick up a set of 1969 FUCHS to match my 1970 914 for a $700, or $400 plus my Mahle Rims.....(im sure theres room to negotiate, and I feel like I can get $700 for my Mahles). Does this seem like a good deal? And in addition...how would I mount these! I have read a lot and I'm not sure if wheel spacers would work w/ the clearance from the rear fender. Any experience? Whats the best way to get FUCHS on there? NEED HELP because I simply must have these wheels!

Pelican Parts 5-lug conversion guide

Pelican Parts Wheel Bearing Install Procedure

Eric is doing a conversion package group buy right now and it is cheeper than purchasing a 911 front suspension and rear 914-6 hubs!

As for the rear clearances, it depends on how wide the wheels are! Normaly an early 911 16" wheel that is 6" will fit no problem! It becomes a problem when you go wider or later wheels! You will need to get the proper offset for the 914!

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Eric_Shea
There's even a thread here that describes everything needed.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=105728

With 69 Fuchs I doubt you'd have any fit meant problems. Any more info on the wheels?
infraredcalvin
Assuming those are 15 in Fuchs? Snap them up for 700 NOW! Especially if they're matching dates (close month and year). I sold a set of matching 72s 15x6 non heart needing resto for 1k, I left $$$ on the table. The 911 guys at looking for matching early Fuchs, they would sell in minutes on the bird site!
brant
If they are 14 inch Fuchs that is a little high
If 15x6 that's a steal
If 15x5.5 then it's a third of their price

Your 4 bolts are worth approximately 400
'70PVW914
All four Fuchs from 69' 911. With new tires mounted. Caps included. 5 1/2 X 14....shall i spring on these or hold out for some 15"?

http://denver.craigslist.org/pts/4125606683.html
'70PVW914
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Nov 12 2013, 09:24 PM) *

There's even a thread here that describes everything needed.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=105728

With 69 Fuchs I doubt you'd have any fit meant problems. Any more info on the wheels?

And thanks for this! This is how I am going to go!
Jeffs9146
QUOTE('70PVW914 @ Nov 12 2013, 09:23 PM) *

All four Fuchs from 69' 911. With new tires mounted. Caps included. 5 1/2 X 14....shall i spring on these pre-emptively before drilling the roters? Sounds like it'd be worth it!

5.5" 14" 41 ET offset 901 361 016 00 part number Early tubetype

I think you will start to have problems finding tubes!!

You need to post the part number so we can help you identify which wheels they are!

If they are the ones listed above I would avoid them unless you have a matching numbers car that requires the early tube type wheels!
brant
It's a pretty good price for the apparent condition. Not a steal but fair. If they are painted then that would turn me off but they look to be media blasted? Not original but clean. The wheels are worth 5-6 the caps another 100.

You don't have to run tubes
The downside to 14's are you can't buy real performance tires for them. There are some race tires still but not Hi-po street
infraredcalvin
QUOTE(brant @ Nov 12 2013, 09:54 PM) *

It's a pretty good price for the apparent condition. Not a steal but fair. If they are painted then that would turn me off but they look to be media blasted? Not original but clean. The wheels are worth 5-6 the caps another 100.

You don't have to run tubes
The downside to 14's are you can't buy real performance tires for them. There are some race tires still but not Hi-po street

agree.gif

I'd hold out for 15s or 16s (really a personal pref), every so often you can find a set shipped for under 1k, they'll need work, but you'll get your $$$ back if you decide later to sell, they're only going up in price. Find some pics of a car with the stance you want, think about how much rubber you want showing, if you need to massage to fit, etc, then get the right wheels. Nothing worse than having a stack of parts you never use, or have to flip to get what you really want.
Eric_Shea
That's damned expensive for 14's if'n you asked me. A few years back they were $50.00 each. I'd say $75.00 to $100.00 each is fair, especially if they need to be refinished.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.