Well probably not since I bet it's a bunch of money, but
I've started sponsoring 'the fastest street-trim 911 in
the world'.

10.75 @ 135.44 !

629 RWHP last dyno. He breaks a lot of axles. IPB Image
Andyrew
Well duh...

Its a turbo.... IPB Image

Nice vid, I bet theres alot of work to get that car to handle the power like he just abused it...

See, theres a fine difference between a "flat six" and a "turbo six"

One makes gobs of hp... and one makes shtloads.

btw, thats probably 10+ into the engine, and another 10+ into the drivetrain...
Sammy
What's his best time around willow springs?

Juan is a regular on the 911 bird board. His accomplishments are impressive even if IMO misguided.
neo914-6
I've seen video of a 700hp 914 V8 outrun almost everything at ThunderHill. It's all about will and bank account... IPB Image
Felix
mskala
QUOTE (Sammy @ Dec 24 2004, 03:46 PM)
What's his best time around willow springs?

Car is basically stock '88 911 other than drive train improvements
and engine management as I understand it. Would do just like
other 911's if springs shocks and tires were upgraded.

Some people like a different challenge than the rest. At least
it's not just sitting like some porsches that are bought to wear
like jewelry.
Maltese Falcon
I vaguely recall a white narrowbody 911 turbo of the late '90s (Bello ?) Seen it in some Import mags. It was dialed in with drag race launch suspension and had Toyo Tire sponsorship. Ran in the high 9s IPB Image Later read that the owner/ shop was busted on massive GTA issues and haven't heard anything since then IPB Image
Merry Berries !
Sammy
I agree about "garage jewelry" porsches.
For some reason i thought Juan had done modifications to the suspension/drive train in order to get better straight line launches. Sounds like I was mistakingly thinking of someone else's drag car.
75boxster
Falcon you are right about Eddie B. Although I believe he got and 8.80 out of it
before you stopped seeing him. I heard a rumor that he may of been facing some
jail time. Rumors are what they are though. He was claiming close to one thousand
horsepower and the car was driven from track to track.
physician
for eddie B. we have to specify it's a rear drive , wheelies in 1st, 2nd and slight in 3rd....
and most of the times, on street toyos.....

but hey, 10sec is not that bad..... IPB Image IPB Image
anthony
You've got to admire a guy like Juan that is doing his thing, loving it, and posting videos that we can all enjoy. I love reading his posts on the Pelican 911 board about the street racing scene. I don't know if he's bullshitting, embellishing, or what but he tells a good story and sometimes backs it up with video.

Here's an interesting fact. Juan's quater mile time of 10.75 is faster than all the cars in this month's Excellence 996 twin turbo shoot out. The fastest car in the shootout had 640hp and could only manage a 11.012. The next fastest car had 830hp and pulled an 11.092.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.