Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOT: Odd Engine Swap in a 911
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914itis
Toyota ? WTF.gif
sbsix
I've seen it all now. All the gauges work, though!
Jonathan Livesay
QUOTE(sbsix @ Nov 14 2013, 12:46 PM) *

I've seen it all now. All the gauges work, though!

Except for the speedo, it won't go past 70mph.
914itis
Does that mean no leaks?
piratenanner.gif
7TPorsh
so its a 912 now?
Chris H.
What's with the huge gun in the bottom left pic? Is that "man-balancing" the Toyota Echo engine?
bandjoey
Could be anything from a Prius to a Tundra. There is no Echo motor. Most have an Eco light to let you know when the gas mileag is good or bad, and only the Hybrids actually have an eco mode. So? Speeding down a neighborhood dead end street the prius can break the speed limit. Wonder what it really is??????

...and who would by such a car unless it was a 5.7ltr ? confused24.gif
Cap'n Krusty
$30K??????? That Nebraska weed must be nothing short of spectacular!

The Cap'n
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Nov 14 2013, 01:21 PM) *

Could be anything from a Prius to a Tundra. There is no Echo motor. Most have an Eco light to let you know when the gas mileag is good or bad, and only the Hybrids actually have an eco mode. So? Speeding down a neighborhood dead end street the prius can break the speed limit. Wonder what it really is??????

If there's no "Echo" motor, what do they put in the "Echo"? Gotta be something, my neighbor jets off in his every morning, and I don't think he's pedaling ..................

The Cap'n
Chris H.
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Nov 14 2013, 03:21 PM) *

Excuse me sssssssssir (and I say that in my Richard Simmons imitation voice and with my hand on my hip)....but there is was a Toyota Echo..

Click to view attachment

They changed the name to "Yaris" pretty quickly because the name wasn't nutty enough... In Japan they called it the Platz...

Platz

That is either a powerful 1.3L or fire-breathing 1.5L engine with roughly 90-100ish hp. Good thing there's a roll bar... HE'S HAD IT UP TO 70!

av-943.gif This is a good one.
Spoke
Well it's fast enough for the seller. Besides, it says "turbo" on the rear hood so it must be fast.

It looks to have a turbo body but the VIN begins with 911 instead of 930. What's up with that?
somd914
A Toyota Echo grocery getter engine?! WTF.gif

I didn't think it was April 1st yet... lol-2.gif

oldschool
Wow! Now I'm not filling bad about a big type 4 in my 911S hide.gif
ellisor3
A few photos from the Historic Races at Daytona. If you didn't know, 914s get respect
ellisor3
Sorry guys, posted in wrong thread
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.