Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 911 site as good as 914world?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
eyesright
I have nearly finished one 914 build and I'm making progress on a '70 -6 conversion. In the wings is an '86 911. Can anyone recommend a 911 site as good as this one? Thanks.
Steve
Pelicanparts.com is my favorite for 911 technical and used parts. Rennlist.com is close second. I have a 3.2 and 915 gearbox in my 914. I use pelican parts for questions related to them. Much more experience on these components than here.
tadink
QUOTE(Steve @ Nov 14 2013, 02:02 PM) *

Pelicanparts.com is my favorite for 911 technical and used parts. Rennlist.com is close second. I have a 3.2 and 915 gearbox in my 914. I use pelican parts for questions related to them. Much more experience on these components than here.

+1 for both - good group of guys, very helpful
billh1963
Pelican for Carreras/964 and older

Rennlist for 993 and all water cooled variants

6speed if you are into modifications on water cooled 911's
JawjaPorsche
No such animal! Nothing is good as 914World! beerchug.gif
pcar916
Ditto on Pelican and Rennlist. I recall some discussion about 915's, but the folks on

http://www.gt40s.com/forum/

have been sucking up our 930 boxes at an alarming rate for years. There are some excellent discussions there about that process.

The Rennlist (Racing forum) crowd, starting when it was still PorscheList and before
Porsche bit down on them for the name, was the perfect place to bounce ideas into.

In 1998 there were very few 993 installations, so planning the build was a challenge. That exchange with several really great folks there was helpful.

There were a few people who were loudly skeptical about nearly every topic in that build, but they were in the minority.

Certainly everyone had an opinion.
injunmort
early 911 registry is pretty good as well, but have not found a board in any of my other interest as good as this one.
Porschef
No.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.