Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bleeder valves - bigger is better
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jimkelly
yesterday I finally got around to replacing the rear drivers side (DS) brake hard line that I cut thru with the cut off wheel when I was removing engine bay tin in preparation for suby conversion, sicne I noticed I had a piece of napa brake line laying around anyway. notice one of bdstone914's plated brake line clips wub.gif in action.

I also popped in the replacement 2 stub axles I bought because I had to remove the originals with a cut off wheel as well due to rust on the nut/stub axle threads. think I will put some anti seize on these.

today I noticed a leak at my front DS caliper and realized that when I was cannibalizing this car for my V8 car I neglected to tighten the valve.

then looking at all four calipers, top valve, I found that 3 were frozen AND ROUNDED OUT and I needed to use a small pipe wrench to get them off.

I had some nicer bleed vales from eric shea, so I swapped them all out. I removed all the small nut style with eric's larger nut style biggrin.gif

this may be a low budget thing many should be considering?
http://www.pmbperformance.com/catalog/item...563/9594710.htm
Mark Henry
I would have been happy if when I bought my V-calipers I was told "Bleeder valves not included". rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.