Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: EBay 914-6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GeorgeRud
A beautiful yellow 914-6 was up for auction on eBay, and ended this morning with bids in the high $60,000s, still not meeting the reserve.

I'd say these little cars are finally getting their due respect after starting life out as bastard children of Porsche and VW!
6freak
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Nov 15 2013, 12:48 PM) *

A beautiful yellow 914-6 was up for auction on eBay, and ended this morning with bids in the high $60,000s, still not meeting the reserve.

I'd say these little cars are finally getting their due respect after starting life out as bastard children of Porsche and VW!

piratenanner.gif owners of the nice copys have sorta made that happen ...JMO

smile.gif
Michael N
Did not meet reserve at $66,400. It is listed on their website at $85,000. Great looking car!

Click to view attachment
mettelman
It got 53 bids and ended at $66,400. It is offered on the seller's website at $85,000. It is a beautifully modified car (3.0L engine, upgraded suspension, brakes, etc.) that comes with all the original parts boxed up. Very tempting ...
JeffBowlsby
Love the Gasburners...but they don;t work for me on a yellow car. sad.gif
JimmyG
I spent quite a while restoring this car. I underestimated how much they where going for and sold it to cheap back in the spring. It turned out beautiful.Would make someone a nice car.
I am going to restore a 70 signal orange -4 soon. complete original down to the hubcaps.
Eric_Shea
Mark Allen's car. Beautiful in every way.
type47fan
Yellow 914/6 location trivia: The picture is looking north along Carlsbad Blvd. from South Carlsbad State Beach toward the Terramar surfing area and the Encinas Power Plant (400 ft stack in the distance). As you were . . . .

Click to view attachment
Cairo94507
That is a beautiful done car and worth every penny. I love the gas burners too.
dlkawashima
QUOTE(JimmyG @ Nov 15 2013, 02:19 PM) *

I spent quite a while restoring this car. I underestimated how much they where going for and sold it to cheap back in the spring. It turned out beautiful.Would make someone a nice car.
I am going to restore a 70 signal orange -4 soon. complete original down to the hubcaps.

I just looked up what you sold it for last spring ..... the seller is looking to turn a $40,000 profit? All I can say is ...
¡Ay, Caramba!
dfelz
QUOTE(type47fan @ Nov 15 2013, 04:04 PM) *

Yellow 914/6 location trivia: The picture is looking north along Carlsbad Blvd. from South Carlsbad State Beach toward the Terramar surfing area and the Encinas Power Plant (400 ft stack in the distance). As you were . . . .

Click to view attachment

Ahh you beat me to it! i was just going to say that!! i work (and live) just down the road from there!
Where in c-bad are you type4?
'73-914kid
I actually sold a set of aluminum S calipers to guy who is selling the car. It is QUITE the car I must say....
Gustl
could anybody post the auction link, please idea.gif
Michael N
QUOTE(Gustl @ Nov 15 2013, 09:52 PM) *

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-914-914-6-...=US_Cars_Trucks
siverson
QUOTE(dfelz @ Nov 15 2013, 09:12 PM) *

Ahh you beat me to it! i was just going to say that!! i work (and live) just down the road from there!

Yup, although I didn't recognize the exact spot. It's here:

http://goo.gl/maps/shKYF

I guess you can get up on the road in middle.

I commute on this road almost daily from Carlsbad to Cardiff...

-Steve
mettelman
Looking at this beautiful car makes me think that this is what 914/6s would have "evolved" to had Porsche continued building them into the mid 1970s. More power, bigger brakes, improved handling ...
Gustl
QUOTE(Michael N @ Nov 16 2013, 07:12 AM) *
QUOTE(Gustl @ Nov 15 2013, 09:52 PM) *

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-914-914-6-...=US_Cars_Trucks

thank you pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif

somehow I missed this one ...

beerchug.gif Gustl
ben*james
QUOTE(dfelz @ Nov 15 2013, 08:12 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Also is part of the Carlsbad half marathon route. smilie_pokal.gif
Eric_Shea
Mark also restored this GT. You can only imagine what the yellow car looks like. Mark restores and builds some of the finest 914's on the planet:

IPB Image
gandalf_025
I have stopped by Mark's shop unannounced, more than once and he has always
taken time to show me around and explain what they were working on.
Really a nice guy.. I wish I could afford to bring a car there.

The amazing assortment of cars in the shop at any one time is very impressive.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.