Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I want to work on my car...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Trekkor
I'm taking all next week off, to go SIX style.

Only problem is, it's supposed to hammer rain all week.
I have no garage, just a canopy in my driveway.

I can't win... IPB Image

KT
EdwardBlume
C'mon. This is where you dig deep, suck it up, and wait until it stops raining. IPB Image

What type of motor are you dropping in?
Trekkor
I don't know IPB Image

I think it's a '69 911e 2.0?

Don't know for sure. P.O. is dead. IPB Image

KT
EdwardBlume
Don't know for sure. P.O. is dead.

Whoa....

Hey its not raining now or tomorrow. Get out there?
sixnotfour
Man were not going thru that again ,its earlier then 68, but bsaicaly the same cams as an E.
69E had MFI and a MAG case.
Just trying help IPB Image IPB Image
Trekkor
Regardless, here it is...Again IPB Image

KT
neo914-6
Trekkor,
Get the car canopy's they sell at Costco for $180. They have panels for all four sides so you can zip it completely...
Felix
sixnotfour
It's a Beauty IPB Image
Trekkor
I'm going to try and sneak the FOUR motor out during the day tomorrow.

Maybe even cut away the old rusted battery tray and pedestal. IPB Image

Get the car canopy's they sell at Costco for $180. They have panels for all four sides so you can zip it completely...

Might just do that... IPB Image

KT
DJsRepS
What size is the 4cyl. I would like a tired 2.0 to build. I only wish I had a slick six like yours to put in. Mine is a great running 1.7 no smoke or leaks but it seems like it takes 5 min to hit 105mph with the top off and a passengerand the and the lights up. Top on window's up and no passenger and lights off do you think I could hit that in 4min. I would like to see that speed in under 1min. There now thats my new goal 105 in less than 60sec. Have Fun with that SWEET looking 911/6 me and my car are totaly green with envy.
SLITS
QUOTE (DJsRepS @ Dec 25 2004, 04:53 AM)
What size is the 4cyl. I would like a tired 2.0 to build. I only wish I had a slick six like yours to put in. Mine is a great running 1.7 no smoke or leaks but it seems like it takes 5 min to hit 105mph with the top off and a passengerand the and the lights up. Top on window's up and no passenger and lights off do you think I could hit that in 4min. I would like to see that speed in under 1min. There now thats my new goal 105 in less than 60sec. Have Fun with that SWEET looking 911/6 me and my car are totaly green with envy.

You might wanna try strapping a JATO unit to your targa IPB Image
Trekkor
I slacked today. IPB Image

Took a 3 hour nap, got up and drove all over the valley for the last time in FOUR trim.

Put the car up on ramps and under the canopy.
It'll happen...

KT
DJsRepS
Dam that motor looks sweet. What size motor is the 4cyl. Will you be selling it?
Trekkor
The FOUR is a 2.0 and I'm keeping it for now.

I'm eyeing another 914 that may need a motor. IPB Image

KT
spare time toys
QUOTE (trekkor @ Dec 26 2004, 01:19 PM)
I'm eyeing another 914 that may need a motor. IPB Image

KT

You aint Kin to a guy named Scott are you IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
Trekkor
At least I got some work done this morning... IPB Image

It's all gross out right now.

I'll peek out there now and then.
As long as can stay dry and warm, I'll go for it.

I'm eyeing another 914 that may need a motor.

It's too good a deal to pass up and now I have a spare 2.0 to mess with. ( quick rebuild to support Webers )
Maybe a C/R bump, little more cam. IPB Image

You aint Kin to a guy named Scott are you

I think we all are. IPB Image

KT
Trekkor
Got a little wet, stayed fairly warm.
Got it done.

Forecast is for rain ALL week long.
Guess I'll have to keep dodging the raindrops.

KT
mattillac
i feel your pain. was gonna find out what my knockish noise comming from the motor is. i woke up to the sound of rain hammering my window. IPB Image i finally get some free time and then..... IPB Image RAIN!!
Root_Werks
IPB Image "Bunch of slack jaw faggets around here" (name that movie)

A little rain neer hurt no one. Trust me, I live in the land of rain, people don't melt. IPB Image Toss up a tarp and get to it man! IPB Image IPB Image
Trekkor
O.K.- IPB Image

I just seperated the trans from the motor and sprayed in all down with gunk degreaser.

I got a little wet, though. IPB Image

KT
Root_Werks
QUOTE (trekkor @ Dec 27 2004, 01:31 PM)
O.K.- IPB Image

I just seperated the trans from the motor and sprayed in all down with gunk degreaser.

I got a little wet, though. IPB Image

KT

IPB Image You know deep down I am jelous that you can actually complain about a little rain right? IPB Image Around here, it will raaaaaaaaaaaaaaain and then winter settles in so it rains some more, but just hovers around 37 degrees so it won't snow, just cold and wet. IPB Image
Sparky
If a little rain is gonna slow you down just ship it al over here to me, I'll be happy to work on it. In the snow IPB Image

My best,
Mike D.
Trekkor
Went back out there...

The FOUR is in the shed. Thanks for helping me lift it Mark.

I think the FOUR is actually heavier than the the SIX...By quite a bit. IPB Image

KT
Randal
Trekkor,

I was down at my friends shop in San Jose and he had one one these:

My Webpage

It warmed up a huge area fast.

They are pretty cheap here:

http://www.shopfnc.com/gasheater/allpro3.htm

Wonder if Home Depot doesn't sell them?
McMark
Aluminum Cylinders? Fiberglass cooling shroud? Etc. It was lighter. Those Type IV cylinders can be HEAVY!
SLITS
Printable Forecast Daytime High /Overnight Low (°F) Precip.

Tonight
Dec 27 Heavy Snow / Wind 27° 100 %
Tue
Dec 28 Heavy Snow / Wind 36°/25° 80 %
Wed
Dec 29 Few Snow Showers / Wind 37°/19° 50 %

I'm gonna stay home and work on my car!!!!
anthony

Try a pressure washer if you have one. You don't even need Gunk.

This weather sucks! I wanted to swap shocks on the 911 this week but I'm a wimp and I'm coming down with a cold now.
dlo914
speaking of rain...got the 914 a car cover today from Costco, quite affordable for $37.99 +Tax and it's also waterproof. Sadly, only come in a medium size. It's a bit saggy/baggy, but it does what it's suppose to do; keep our babies dry. While rain can go IPB Image IPB Image off... IPB Image
Trekkor
Try a pressure washer if you have one.

I have a pressure washer, too IPB Image
It's thick.

I ordered all the seals to stops the leaks...I hope.

KT
campbellcj
If you're getting anything like the wind gusts we are (weather.com says up to 50mph+rain), then beware of any canopy/tarp contraptions! In the last storm the large canopy I had on the back porch started to launch and I had to tear it down and stow it; this storm already feels stronger and is predicted to last all week.
Trekkor
It's already blown away twice, so I'm in big trouble.

I'll get some pier blocks tommorow and anchor it... IPB Image

KT
DJsRepS
When I had my tail shifter out I used an 3cyl pump 16hp gas pressure washer Pre soaked it with solvents. Man did I get soaked hitting all thoes little pocket ribbed sides and still didnt get as clean as I would have liked it.....If I had to do it again I would use a steam cleaner that would do it. Heat that old dried grease and dirt cement all over it. Restruant hood cleaner trucks all have one. Or rent one.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.