Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I just ordered new seats
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Carlitos Way
After much research, I've decided to purchase new seats for my car. They should be delivered Tues or Wed.

hunsakersports

Then I get to have fun installing them... if all goes well, I'll have a driveable car for the New Year's Hangover Run.
Joe Ricard
Anything will fit. Only problem you run into is the Parking brake and shift lever.

Neat looking seat. I am interested in how firm the seat bottom bolsters are. I mean is there a back bone frame inside or layers of foam built up and covered.
Carlitos Way
I'd be happy to let you know, once I get them installed. Biggest concern is and has always been the e-brake handle. According to this guy, the seat is narrow enough that if I just offset it a little toward the middle, it will work out OK. For that price, I'm willing to take a chance. It's half as much as the Corbeau's I was looking at.... and 1/3 the price for the Sparco Monzas that came with the "custom" sliders for a 914.

I'll keep you guys posted.
Rusty
Those are nice seats... if I wasn't going to have a backpad in my 70, I'd seriously consider something like that. Are you going to mount them to stock seat rails?
Carlitos Way
My intention is to mount them on the stock seat rails. I'm seriously considering a re-work of the back pad. Since I won't have the "incorporated" seats, I'd like to make it somewhat more plain, perhaps even include a speaker box. Since I'm short, it shouldn't be a big problem... but it's all in the future. For now, I just need to be able to DRIVE it.

I'll post pics when they're installed.
914Timo
With stock seat rails you may end up sitting too high. I had to modify them to get the seat low enough. I have same kind of OMP seats.
Carlitos Way
Those seats look comfy... Mind if I ask how you mounted them... how your clearance is with the e-brake and whether or not that is the "original" back pad?

Thanks,

Carlos
d914
looking for a different project, let me know how they fit the butt...I'm short but not what you would call small boned... 36'-38 waist.. Looking for a reasonable cost seat that will hold up and hold me without the big squeeze... Going into the 944..
914Timo
how you mounted them... how your clearance is with the e-brake and whether or not that is the "original" back pad?

Driver side seat rails are modified from original rails. See the pic.
914Timo
The passanger side seat is bolted to the floor with sub-frame made from square tube.
914Timo
These seats are very narrow, but there is not much room between the seat and the side tunnel. This pic is from the very first test fit and it is not very good. Hope you see the hand brake lever. Quite a tight fit......
914Timo
...and the pic.
914Timo
The back pad is 100% custom made from FG. It is not ready in this pic. I am covering it here.
914Timo
If you like to see the dimensions of my OMP Comfort seats, download this THIS pdf-file from manufacture´s site. See model Comfort.
Carlitos Way
It looks like they're about the same width. These are supposed to be about 19.5" wide.. which is just a little under 50cm wide.

I love what you're doing with your back pad. I'm seriously thinking about doing something with mine.

C.
Brett W
Greg, I thought the 944 was sold?

You could move the seat over. If you have ever sat in the seat and noticed how far over the pedals are from centerline of your body, moving the seat will improve driver control.
d914
nope still got it and did a couple upgrades. Depending on a check up might keep it for a while..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.