Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2.0 Banana Exhaust Modified with Dual Oulets
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Kaduku
For those who own one or have heard one. Can you tell me how they sound? Loudness? Compared to other dual outlet mufflers like Triads, Ansa, etc.

AZ914
I've seen/heard some modified banana/911 sport mufflers and they sound great. A little louder but still sounds like a Porsche. I had a triad for a short time and it was just too loud for me, though probably great for track.

I honestly think you can't go wrong with that setup, unless you are looking to make a lot of noise.
Dave_Darling
I had one for a while. It was a stock 2.0 banana muffler that had been opened up, the baffles modified, the single outlet welded up, and two outlets added.

It was LOUD. Louder than the Bursch. Louder than the stock 2.0 muffler that was "pretty well blown out".

Since these are all basically one-off or onesie-twosie mods, the sound quality will likely be different from example to example.

--DD
Kaduku
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Nov 16 2013, 05:01 PM) *

I had one for a while. It was a stock 2.0 banana muffler that had been opened up, the baffles modified, the single outlet welded up, and two outlets added.

It was LOUD. Louder than the Bursch. Louder than the stock 2.0 muffler that was "pretty well blown out".

Since these are all basically one-off or onesie-twosie mods, the sound quality will likely be different from example to example.

--DD

That's what I thought. Too bad, because they do look cool.

Rand
I thought about this setup, but then I saw Axel Foley sneaking behind my car with two bunches of bananas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orH6ZSY0W1o
gothspeed
QUOTE(Kaduku @ Nov 16 2013, 05:35 PM) *

That's what I thought. Too bad, because they do look cool.

+1 ...... it would give a 4 exhaust the look of a 6 ...... smile.gif
Kaduku
QUOTE(AZ914 @ Nov 16 2013, 04:51 PM) *

I've seen/heard some modified banana/911 sport mufflers and they sound great. A little louder but still sounds like a Porsche. I had a triad for a short time and it was just too loud for me, though probably great for track.

I honestly think you can't go wrong with that setup, unless you are looking to make a lot of noise.

I also had the Triad. Great sound from the outside, but a little too loud for me from the inside. I am older now and don't care for a lot of noise. Some noise is okay as long as it sounds good.

Maybe this thing still has a chance???

jgara962
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Nov 16 2013, 05:01 PM) *

--DD

agree.gif

I had one for a while and it was LOUD, which is exactly what I wanted.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.