Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oil light green
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
LINGO
Ok I know this isn't good. I drove the car for 30 mins, ran it thru a car wash and then home where I let it sit idling for about 20 mins while I was drying it off. I get back in car and noticed Green oil light came on so I shut it down. Looked under car and a lot of oil on ground. I check oil level after it cools down and it's perfect? So I start car move it to garage. Hour later oil level still ok so I try to start and it sounds like it is about to turn over But it doesn't? I know the green light is bad so I'm waiting for some of your valued input what I do from here?
LINGO
Well I checked it again tonite. Oil level good but a very dim green light was there. I started it up and it ran but I shut it off after 15 seconds fearing I may damage something. When I turned key off and back on again it was bright green? At least it's starting up again? I checked the sensor area it had some oil in the area. I took off the wire and cleaned it up as well as any oil. Am I looking at a bad oil sensor?
McMark
The light shouldn't be dim. It's on or off for that system. I would start by confirming the function of the light. I would probably also install a oil pressure gauge so you can see an actual number.

The phase "Looked under car and a lot of oil on ground." is totally subjecting. Usually a lot of oil on the ground to me would be that an oil gallery plug popped out and ALL the oil from the engine dumped out. But you might be saying that a half-dollar sized drip pool is a lot. confused24.gif

You need to seek more info.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.