Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Current Values
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ehokana
Hey guys,

I've been looking at getting back into a 914 for quite some time now and finally have room in the garage again. Since I haven't kept up with the market for these cars since I sold mine 6 or 7 years ago, I was hoping to get a little advice about the values before I possibly pick one up next weekend.

The car I'm looking at is a '73 2.0 (original CA plates) with almost no rust at all, very straight body, an interior that is like new and records that go back to 2003. I know it will need all new rubber throughout and could use a respray (the last respray looks like it was cheaply done and the seals were clearly just taped prior to paint).

Can anyone give me an idea of what something like this goes for in the market today? I'm a little worried about putting in too much up front, though this will eventually be a father/son restoration project
ehokana
I guess I should add that I've been watching the classified ads on here and other sites but very rarely do you know what the cars actually end up selling for- only what the owner is asking
dangrouche
here is one in northern california, for $4000.
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/4196302915.html
this seems to be a reasonable price based on description
ehokana
The car looks fantastic but I'm really looking for a '73 2.0 since that's what my first car was (2.0's just has sentimental value to me because of that). Is there a big difference, price-wise, between an original 1.7 and 2.0?
dangrouche
yes, there is a price differential. my perspective would be at least $1000 more
dangrouche
here is a 2.0 liter also in northern california, but as you can see the paint is not as good as the blue one
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/4194180754.html
euro911
Both examples seem to be good deals ... just look for the usual rust problem areas.
JeffBowlsby
The year/engine size is not sufficent to determine a price...its all about condition, which you have somewhat described.

Stock or modified?
Fuel injected or carbed?

Photos and more details will get you better response on value.
orthobiz
I looked at a bunch of cars this summer and felt that the price difference between 2.0 and 1.7 or 1.8 shaked out at about 4000.

Paul
billh1963
As others as said...it's all about the rust.

A solid, '73 2.0 with appearance package and a nicely running original 2.0 with injection is over $5K all day long. Add good paint, good interior, nice Fuchs, etc. and you are all over $10K.
ehokana
Thanks Paul- I wouldn't have guessed that much of a difference between the models; very helpful since it sounds like you were just going through this

The car I'm looking at is carb'd- dual dellorto- but the owner has all the original fuel injection parts included with the car. The car is mostly stock, and anything that has been changed can be taken back to original with the included parts- luckily, the owner kept anything that was taken off the car when he did the few mods. Factory fuchs are in very good shape and the chrome looks great on the car.

I'll have to go through my old emails and see if I can find a couple of pics- though digital cameras hide so much. I know there was a big difference between the pics and when I actually saw the car
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.