914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Niklas
Can I use the engine mount 91137504300
as engine/transmission mount in a 914 ?

Do I have to use 91437503500 ?

91137504300 is much cheaper.

Niklas
Dr Evil
91137504300 is a superior mount, less prone to cracking, and is cheaper. But, you would be using this as a transmission mount, not an engine mount unless you have one of the /6 mounts that use this. Depending on rear or side shift trans, you will either have rubber from engine to mount bar, or these up front at well (tail shift). The mount holes are often not perfect, but a little filing and they are fine.
Dave_Darling
Can't you use them for the outboard mounts on a 70-72? The stock bits there are much like the transmission mounts...

If you're talking a 73+, or even an early car converted to side-shifter, then no--they won't work for the motor mount.

--DD
gothspeed
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Nov 17 2013, 10:07 AM) *

91137504300 is a superior mount, less prone to cracking, and is cheaper. But, you would be using this as a transmission mount, not an engine mount unless you have one of the /6 mounts that use this. Depending on rear or side shift trans, you will either have rubber from engine to mount bar, or these up front at well (tail shift). The mount holes are often not perfect, but a little filing and they are fine.

Good to hear a selection from the Dr. himself! ........ I bought those hard urethane ones with the steel top plate and they were too rigid for my taste ...... I will get these 'superior' versions when I begin assembling my 1973 ...... smile.gif
Dr Evil
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Nov 17 2013, 11:53 PM) *

Can't you use them for the outboard mounts on a 70-72? The stock bits there are much like the transmission mounts...

If you're talking a 73+, or even an early car converted to side-shifter, then no--they won't work for the motor mount.

--DD

That is exactly what I said confused24.gif Front and back on early/tail shift, rear only on late/side sifter.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Nov 18 2013, 10:41 AM) *
Front and back on early/tail shift, rear only on late/side sifter.

agree.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.