Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Year's Resolutions?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rusty
I'll start...

In the new year, I plan to have the 914 running like a top. I've got some technical help coming in, and a whole new set of stacking Craftsman toolboxes to help get organized. (Working out of multiple bags, overstuffed small toolboxes and cardboard boxes sucks...) Also, I plan on putting new suspension bushings in the rear, replace rear wheel bearings and powdercoat the trailing arms and stuff.

A few years ago, I had planned to drive the Carrera Panamericana route (El Paso, Texas to Guatemala and back) in May, 2005. I don't think that'll happen this year. IPB Image With the war and all, my plans were shot to hell. It may have to wait until I retire.

-Lawrence
Eddie Williams
My car will be in paint this year, and then the re-assembly begins!!
skline
If I can get my priority resolution to work and be smoke free, my car should make some great progress. The money I would save not buying cigarettes will pay for a paint job by WCC. Well, close anyway. I am going to give it another shot this week at trying to drive the car for the first time, I know, heard that before, but it will happen eventually.
Rusty
I'm not even going to pretend to give up smoking. I gave up cigarettes years ago.. but I do enjoy a hookah pipe from time to time. Stuff the bowl with "maasel" (tobacco coarsly chopped and steeped in molasses and flavor), and I can sit and enjoy an evening quietly with a book or an episode of Law & Order.

-Lawrence
Mueller
mine: not to perform any work or modification that will render my 914 undriveable for more than one week IPB Image

and a whole new set of stacking Craftsman toolboxes to help get organized. (Working out of multiple bags, overstuffed small toolboxes and.....

tool boxes are nice IPB Image I'm still trying to organize mine, even with 28,772 cubic inches of storage space, it's going to be a tight fit, LOL
spare time toys
V8 power and moving under its own power by 12/30/2005 or soo IPB Image
SLITS
#1.) Not pick on Scott about the Shalom

#2.) No hijacking of Howard's threads

#4.) To charge for parts

#5.) Do a 6 conversion

#6.) To disappear quietly into the cosmic flow of the universe....................
campbellcj
Yup; I'm gonna dick around with it a lot LESS and drive it a lot MORE!

Hoping to make it to 15 or so track events in '05, but we'll see what happens as it'll be a pivotal year at work for me as well as the wife.
scotty914
QUOTE (SLITS @ Dec 25 2004, 08:43 AM)

#6.) To disappear quietly into the cosmic flow of the universe....................

i second that IPB Image
Ray Warren
Aftermarket fuel injection.
J P Stein
Nuthin' new.....just the same old "Autocross Supremacy" resolution.

I fear I am too old/started too late to ever be better than decent at the most important aspect which is driving. The car has to take an ever increasing share of the load, thus, I hack on it every winter.

So.....I'm aiming for consistent top 5 at SCCA events.
Howard
QUOTE (J P Stein @ Dec 25 2004, 08:57 AM)

I fear I am too old/started too late to ever be better than decent at the most important aspect which is driving. The car has to take an ever increasing share of the load, thus, I hack on it every winter.

IPB Image

My car works fine; Driver sucks!
SLITS
QUOTE (Howard @ Dec 25 2004, 10:35 AM)
QUOTE (J P Stein @ Dec 25 2004, 08:57 AM)

IPB Image

Car works fine; Driver sucks!

Damn, the three ghosts didn't teach you anything IPB Image
Gint
The only one:

Get my 914 back on the road!

IPB Image
TheCabinetmaker
My resolution is not to drive it as much in 2005.

We hit 22,000 plus this year. She's at 118,252 now, and yes its the first time the odo has ever rolled over.
rick 918-S
QUOTE (skline @ Dec 25 2004, 08:31 AM)
If I can get my priority resolution to work and be smoke free, my car should make some great progress. The money I would save not buying cigarettes will pay for a paint job by WCC. Well, close anyway. I am going to give it another shot this week at trying to drive the car for the first time, I know, heard that before, but it will happen eventually.

Scott, I love your working and not smoking thing. I had to sell my business and get away from that environment before I could finally quit. That's a little extreme. I hope your better at it than I was. Absolutely the hardest thing I ever did. I could start just like I never quit at any time. You will be surprised at the money you will save. Start putting the money away for the paint job ever day. We're behind you!

as for my 914 resolution,

I'm going to do my best to get to as many 914 club events as I can. This club is the reason I finished the car. I want to show it off a little. I may rebuild the motor and do the "H" gear before the WCC 05 but not at the risk of having the car down for the summer. I will rid myself of some of the other cars I have around here collecting dust to finance some of my 914 habit. Either way, I need to keep the car running for the summer. IPB Image IPB Image
SirAndy
New Year's Resolutions?, Do you have any for your 914?

yes, fix all the stuff that didn't get fixed during the last 1 1/2 year long restauration ...
IPB Image Andy
carr914
My 2.5 twin-plug will be here soon from my builder, so I will be putting that in. Then it's off to the races. This bodywork and six conversion has taken the up most of 2004 and it's been frustrating not getting much track time. I'm looking forward to 2005.
I will also be starting my 74 Carrera RS project in 2005. It might take awhile, but as long as I have one running Porsche, life should be good.

Happy Holidays to all of you,
T.C.
Carlitos Way
My new year's 914 resolution:

DRIVE IT more than WORK on IT!!!!

That's all!!! IPB Image
Aaron Cox
Bodywork and paint.... IPB Image

install my trick mallory ignition stuff....

drive the living piss out of it again this year IPB Image
boxstr
Get the black six together, maybe in time for WCC 2005.
CCLINPAINTBYNUMBERS
jwalters
IPB Image Take some time off and get LAYED........again and again and over and under--......................................................... IPB Image
Joe Ricard
Go Faster! IPB Image
gregrobbins
2005 Resolutions:

Me: get smaller, spend more time on my bicycles, support the Marines Toys for Tots program big time, and take my first DE

73: New rotors, rebuild brakes, bodywork, paint, install new interior parts I have been gathering.

74: Install new carpet kit, reinstall stock exhaust system, redo the top.

And start a tear down/rebuild on a 2.0 motor I picked up from a kid who is in the process of doing a small block chevy conversion.
McMark
Professionally: Brandon and I are stepping into a whole new era in our business. I'm looking forward to many great projects and much success in our new 3000 sq. ft. shop.

Personally: Spend more time on the Ergometer.

Much success and happiness to everyone in '05. IPB Image
jimtab
QUOTE (Mueller @ Dec 25 2004, 08:35 AM)
mine: not to perform any work or modification that will render my 914 undriveable for more than one week IPB Image

and a whole new set of stacking Craftsman toolboxes to help get organized. (Working out of multiple bags, overstuffed small toolboxes and.....

tool boxes are nice IPB Image I'm still trying to organize mine, even with 28,772 cubic inches of storage space, it's going to be a tight fit, LOL

Oh sure.....hey, this is my 200th post, in less than 2 years...is that good??
Rusty
QUOTE (jimtab @ Dec 25 2004, 11:25 PM)
Oh sure.....hey, this is my 200th post, in less than 2 years...is that good??

I think you should resolve to double that in the new year, Jim. IPB Image
jimtab
OK Lawrence, along with my resolution to drink more good wine and drive my car more I will try to think of something intelligent to post more often in the new year...thanks for the good advice. Jim
Andyrew
Bodywork/flares/and paint done

engine running like a champ with 250rwh.

A perfect MPFI system installed and working perfectly for long hauls.

And to be able to be in attendence at the 05 American Graffiti.

Not much... Just something I really want to do.

Andrew
ThinAir
My resolution is to get my 914 to WCC2005. That will mean that between now and April I will have to:
1) Replace the clutch tube
2) Relocate the fuel pump
3) Clean up the battery tray and repaint it along with the welds from #1
4) Build the 2.0L Type IV engine from all the parts I've accumulated

#4 is the easy part
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.