Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOT - Illinois member check in
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GaroldShaffer
a little off topic, but we had some very bad weather yesterday near where some of our members live in Illinois. One area just outside of Peoria IL and up near Coal City IL. Tornadoes hit the areas. Town of Washington IL is pretty much gone.

I called Brad Mayeur yesterday and his area is ok just some trees damaged, but nothing at his place.

Weather story here

shuie
I got an email from Brad around ~5PM CST yesterday. I didn't see the news until about an hour after that and couldn't really tell when exactly the storms hit.
Chris H.
Got lucky blessed by me (thanks for the reminder George). I'm just north of 80 and west of 55. Just rain is all we got, everything stayed north and south. Hoping the member from Coal City checks in very soon. Sounds like it was very bad down there and the exit is closed. PM'd him...

edit....he's safe! whew! beerchug.gif

GeorgeRud
Other than some very heavy rain, we were fine up here by O'Hare Airport. Have some relatives in central Illinois that lost their house, but are fine and staying with other relatives.

That was quite a storm, but we were blessed to not having to deal with the major brunt of it.
restore2seater
I work in Pekin and driving in this morning as soon as I crossed the bridge to Pekin it was a little bit eerie. No power anywhere until about halfway into town. Traffic lights either off or flashing red. Lights were out, no one hardly on the streets.
I work in the IT department at an Insurance company and my manager and one of my coworkers house’s are gone. My manager lives in Washington. He was with his family in the basement when the storm hit. When it was over their car was sitting upside down on top of the stairwell to the basement. He has 2 young boys. Less than 5 years old. Can't imagine what it was like for them. Luckily everyone was O.K.
etcmss
tornado damage about 7 miles away. took a path through farm fields, missing shingles and then it gets worse going north. the bar (Chrome Rack) and gas station affected by the church just off I-55 at the 236 exit--which is closed till they sort this out. many churches, schools helping those needing it. many are helping, many are out for a scenic drive.
Gary
Java2570
QUOTE(etcmss @ Nov 18 2013, 01:44 PM) *

tornado damage about 7 miles away. took a path through farm fields, missing shingles and then it gets worse going north. the bar (Chrome Rack) and gas station affected by the church just off I-55 at the 236 exit--which is closed till they sort this out. many churches, schools helping those needing it. many are helping, many are out for a scenic drive.
Gary

Glad to hear you didn't get damage Gary....I figured it may have been close to your house. Jon
Dr Evil
Glad you guys are still here.
etcmss
took a couple of pictures
a local trailer sales lot---there all piled up, other damages, missed some populated areas and went through mostly farm fields. a lot of volunteers working hard.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.