Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So Cal Andy ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
boogie_man
Has anyone seen or heard from him? Sent a p/m for a door jamb sticker a while ago to no response. I then also noticed he hasn't posted in quite a while and was building a killer car...Hope he's ok.....anyone know ??
ConeDodger
Busy? Vacation? Last log in was on the morning of the 10th...
rick 918-S
Sent him a couple PM's over the last few weeks and no reply. confused24.gif
boogie_man
Yeah, last post was August. Again, hope all is well as his car was very close to being assembled. Miss those updates............
rick 918-S
Just spoke with him on the cell. He has been all over the country for several months working. He is home now and trying to catch up. We will see him soon! smile.gif
boogie_man
That's good to hear and thanks for the update..
rick 918-S
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Nov 18 2013, 01:48 PM) *

Just spoke with him on the cell. He has been all over the country for several months working. He is home now and trying to catch up. We will see him soon! smile.gif

Andy and Karen from January 2013

Click to view attachment
oldschool
Click to view attachment found him
914_teener
Jeeeeeeez.....................cant a guy enjoy real life?
ndfrigi
QUOTE(oldschool @ Nov 18 2013, 12:52 PM) *

Is that SoCal Andy? And is that the car he restored?
Chris H.
Andy's car is yellow...unless he has more than one. Here's the build thread...(44 pages!)

SocalAndy's Build

They don't get much better than that one!
914_teener
QUOTE(Chris H. @ Nov 19 2013, 04:14 PM) *

Andy's car is yellow...unless he has more than one. Here's the build thread...(44 pages!)

SocalAndy's Build

He has sold that car.........which deepens the mystery popcorn[1].gif
boogie_man
QUOTE(914_teener @ Nov 19 2013, 04:54 PM) *

QUOTE(Chris H. @ Nov 19 2013, 04:14 PM) *

SocalAndy's Build

He has sold that car.........which deepens the mystery popcorn[1].gif

What !!??? No, that car was awesome and would've liked to see it in
person..WTF ??!!! Mystery for sure.....
Chris H.
Wow..that's a shocker. Hey maybe he got a great offer for it! That thing looked perfect from the pics.
914_teener
It was one of the nicest -4 I have seen.....and yes he got a great price for it.

His story to tell.
ndfrigi
Deleted pics
euro911
Andy sold his yellow '4' to fund his yellow '6' (hence the '6' thread). I don't think he's completely done with the '6' yet confused24.gif
914_teener
QUOTE(euro911 @ Nov 19 2013, 06:46 PM) *

Andy sold his yellow '4' to fund his yellow '6' (hence the '6' thread). I don't think he's completely done with the '6' yet confused24.gif

Come on Mark....tryin to keep a rumor going here....

The other one is that Cesar is selling his -4 and that is why he isn't driving it anymore.

He is asking 32k.

Another perfect So Cal car up for sale. stirthepot.gif
phatnine11
QUOTE(914_teener @ Nov 19 2013, 06:51 PM) *

QUOTE(euro911 @ Nov 19 2013, 06:46 PM) *

Come on Mark....tryin to keep a rumor going here....

The other one is that Cesar is selling his -4 and that is why he isn't driving it anymore.

He is asking 32k.

Another perfect So Cal car up for sale. stirthepot.gif

Actually Ron, I'm selling the -4 for 35K to fund my Yugo restore! I'm putting a Rotary in it! Just can't find the tranny to engine adapters!
Cesar wacko.gif
EdArango
Andy is fine!! I got a call from him yesterday. Busy with work, his car and home life. Just like the rest of us.
Chris H.
Still confused about how the the orange car fits into the story...

And is Cesar doing a build thread on the Yugo or just teasing us with a few details confused24.gif blink.gif ?
phatnine11
QUOTE(Chris H. @ Nov 20 2013, 02:53 PM) *

And is Cesar doing a build thread on the Yugo or just teasing us with a few details confused24.gif blink.gif ?

Chris,
Just kidding about a rotary powered Yugo! It's getting an LS1 dude! AND why would I put an LS1 in a Yugo? Because an LS3 is out of my budget. Actually, I was informed at the last G&R meet that I was selling my car, who knew? I didn't.
huh.gif
914_teener
That's not Andy's wide body but I am thinking his will look similar....I thought he had told me it was going to be similar to Eric Shea's GT. It's classified and you'd have to kill me to share.

Ceaser.......the Yugo only...untrue.

Two people at the G@R said that he (Ceaser) was selling his teener, because nobody had seen him or his car lately. So when I saw him and asked him if it was true.......

So thus.....he was selling his -4..... price was set at 32K.

His ass dragger.....he should sell to me!
G e o r g e
That is Andy looking at the Orange car

"Chris H. Posted Nov 20 2013, 02:53 PM
Still confused about how the the orange car fits into the story..."
euro911
I'm gonna start a local Saturday morning get together ...How does 'Targas and Toffee' sound? laugh.gif
Chris H.
QUOTE(phatnine11 @ Nov 20 2013, 09:27 PM) *

And is Ceasar doing a build thread on the Yugo or just teasing us with a few details confused24.gif blink.gif ?

Chris,
Just kidding about a rotary powered Yugo! It's getting an LS1 dude! AND why would I put an LS1 in a Yugo? Because an LS3 is out of my budget. Actually, I was informed at the last G&R meet that I was selling my car, who knew? I didn't.
huh.gif

LOL! Yeah go big or go home! It would be scary fast in a straight line (mostly scary). There REALLY WAS a Yugo in Chicago with a Northstar V8 in it. Saw it at an autocross years ago. It's long gone by now. Looked like one of the cars from Mad Maxx but you can't blame the guy for not spending much cash on it.

Someone must want you to sell your car...next week it will be $42k! Is it Palma Green? I'd take a Palma or Viper Green car ANY DAY.

OK so for the slow people (me) let's recap:

1. Andy had a 4 cylinder yellow car (sold it)
2. He has a 6 cylinder yellow car that he is restoring.
3. He has seen an orange car at a show but does not own that car
4. Ceasar's car is not for sale.
5. The Yugo community needs to step it up (you can't even get rotary conversion axles)
6. Mark is starting a new get together and everyone gets candy.
7. Andy is gonna think we're crazy

boogie_man
QUOTE(Chris H. @ Nov 21 2013, 05:38 AM) *

QUOTE(phatnine11 @ Nov 20 2013, 09:27 PM) *

And is Ceasar doing a build thread on the Yugo or just teasing us with a few details confused24.gif blink.gif ?

Chris,
huh.gif

LOL! Yeah go big or go home! It would be scary fast in a straight line (mostly scary). There REALLY WAS a Yugo in Chicago with a Northstar V8 in it. Saw it at an autocross years ago. It's long gone by now. Looked like one of the cars from Mad Maxx but you can't blame the guy for not spending much cash on it.

Someone must want you to sell your car...next week it will be $42k! Is it Palma Green? I'd take a Palma or Viper Green car ANY DAY.

OK so for the slow people (me) let's recap:

1. Andy had a 4 cylinder yellow car (sold it)
2. He has a 6 cylinder yellow car that he is restoring.
3. He has seen an orange car at a show but does not own that car
4. Ceasar's car is not for sale.
5. The Yugo community needs to step it up (you can't even get rotary conversion axles)
6. Mark is starting a new get together and everyone gets candy.
7. Andy is gonna think we're crazy
8. Is/Does he still make vin stickers which is why I posted this question.

2mAn
QUOTE(euro911 @ Nov 20 2013, 09:12 PM) *

I'm gonna start a local Saturday morning get together ...How does 'Targas and Toffee' sound? laugh.gif

Im in!! always love to network with enthusaists. I WILL need help once I get into a 914
euro911
It was more of a play on words, but I do plan to have a tech day sometime in 2014 ... maybe even a swap meet idea.gif
Rotary'14
QUOTE(euro911 @ Nov 21 2013, 03:37 PM) *

It was more of a play on words, but I do plan to have a tech day sometime in 2014 ... maybe even a swap meet idea.gif

Hey Mark,,, You should do it. How about a door lock/re-keying clinic this time. Last time he did one of these there was a carb clinic. If there's enough lead time,, participants would have enough time to get lock wafers from members here.

sorry didn't mean to hijack the thread,,,,,,
JamesM
Is that Eric (and car) in the background? Someone needs to start a Where's Waldo thread with all the pics he randomly shows up in

QUOTE(oldschool @ Nov 18 2013, 01:52 PM) *

oldschool
Click to view attachment lol-2.gif
euro911
QUOTE(Rotary'14 @ Nov 21 2013, 04:52 PM) *
Hey Mark,,, You should do it. How about a door lock/re-keying clinic this time. Last time he did one of these there was a carb clinic. If there's enough lead time,, participants would have enough time to get lock wafers from members here.

sorry didn't mean to hijack the thread,,,,,,
PM MarkB (Britrell) and ask if he's game confused24.gif

Back on topic ...

I thought I recognized Ed Arango in the background, but never seen him without a hat before. Nor Andy for that matter. Good eye on spotting ERC.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.