Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Worth the Price?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bulldog9
I'm at the point where I will need to buy my carbs for my 2056 build pretty soon, have been planning Weber 40's and have a line on a complete kit for less than these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/VW-PORSCHE-DELLORT...=item43b7bc92e0

I do plan to go with the Tangerine throttle pully system, but once I buy the filters, manifolds, etc. will be close to $1200. Are the Dellorto's really that good? or will a well sorted set of Webers perform as well? What about over time?

Thanks for the advice!

Steve
gothspeed
I have a near new set of 44 IDFs (only used to start the motor on an engine stand) ..... with crossbar linkage ...... I will be selling these webers cheap and will be saving up for EFI. Let me know if you are interested wink.gif

I like to drive a lot in the hills and injection will deal with elevation changes and corners better IMO .... popcorn[1].gif

BTW if you already have $1,200 budgeted for carbs ...... I would wait a little, save some more dough and get EFI ...... the overall fuel savings should pay for the difference in price, in no time flat ..... smile.gif
rhodyguy
more than fair price on the dels if they've been done right. good cores and and pro rebuild will prob set you back more than that. new cb talls $80, generic filter set $30ish, disposables $50 or less, spring for the BEST linkage setup you can afford. add new pump, distributor, wires, it all ads up
SLITS
The Urban Legend is that a 36 Dell will flow the same as a 40 Weber.

I don't do carbs ... strictly FI, so what I say doesn't count.
billh1963
I had Dell 36's on a 2.0...very nice.

I have two sets of Dell 36's now...one set will be going on a 2.0 in a few weeks. I like Dellorto's!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.