Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOT but thanks
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
biosurfer1
I've been on 914world for a little more than 10 years now and while it's always been great, only recently did I realize how awesome it is.

I am a member of many different forums and most are ok, some are pretty much useless 99% of the time and then there are the ones that are run by condescending a-holes who seem to only be there so the members can kiss their butts and agree with whatever the the self proclaimed "experts" say.

It's sad really that a potential great forum can be run into the ground by the jerks who own it and are constantly threatening to shut the site down when someone disagrees with them.

I really appreciate all the great people here and especially the people who runs it...I'll never complain about a couple fuzzy pictures again, promise biggrin.gif
ThePaintedMan
+1 agree.gif . I've gotten far more than just car knowledge from being here... I'm a better person because of the great life advice I get from you all (well, most people at least) biggrin.gif
FourBlades
+1 piratenanner.gif

George is almost fit for human company after a year hanging around here.

lol-2.gif

I also find garage forum and the HAMB to be pretty cool places.

John
strawman
Hi Brett,
You were one of the first guys I met after joining this forum, and I was really pleased to meet such an honorable and nice guy. This site is full of a lot of good people, and I'd echo your frustration about some of the asshats on other boards. I'm also into Subarus, BMWs and Volvos -- and this "place" is worlds better than those forums!
Geoff
Mike Bellis
agree.gif

This is the best forum with the best people!

cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif
Andyrew
Been on here a Long time. The 914 community is one of the best out there. People actually look out for each other here.

smile.gif
76-914
QUOTE(strawman @ Nov 18 2013, 05:33 PM) *

Hi Brett,
You were one of the first guys I met after joining this forum, and I was really pleased to meet such an honorable and nice guy. This site is full of a lot of good people, and I'd echo your frustration about some of the asshats on other boards. I'm also into Subarus, BMWs and Volvos -- and this "place" is worlds better than those forums!
Geoff

agree.gif Especially some of those brats on "The" Suby site shades.gif
JRust
This place is special as are the people here. You'll find dipshits wherever you go unfortunately. We get the occasional ones here too but they don't end up staying long. Who needs the aggravation of that crap. Love it here & always have. 95% of the people here are a blast to be around & post with. The other 5% I can ignore when they rear there fugly heads happy11.gif

Huge thanks to Andy & all the admins piratenanner.gif
Elliot Cannon
Wow!! This is just the keenest, coolest, grooviest, bunch of people in the whole wide world. first.gif Well, except maybe for that SLITS guy. av-943.gif lol-2.gif poke.gif
JStroud
Hard not to agree with Brett, I've searched a few forums for information here and there, but never really got involved, just didn't feel it.

This site is definitely different, the people as members and the people who run it make it what it is. Only been here about three years now, can't even begin to list all the help I've got here and the cool people I've met. beerchug.gif
And three of the four 914s I've owned I bought from world members.

Thanks Andy,

Jeff
rhodyguy
feel the love.
Cap'n Krusty
I used to tell people I was here to help. Actually, I'm here out of pity. That, and I like to watch train wrecks ...................

Seriously. No, really. At my age, uhhhhh, what were we talking about?

The Cap'n
biosurfer1
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Nov 19 2013, 08:40 AM) *

I used to tell people I was here to help. Actually, I'm here out of pity. That, and I like to watch train wrecks ...................

Seriously. No, really. At my age, uhhhhh, what were we talking about?

The Cap'n

That reminded me of a funny shirt I saw:

"ask me about my attention deficit disorder or pie or my cat. a dog. i have a bike. do you like tv? i saw a rock. hi."
biosurfer1
QUOTE(strawman @ Nov 18 2013, 06:33 PM) *

Hi Brett,
Geoff

Goes both ways Geoff! Sucks you had to move so far away though
7TPorsh
gayfight.gif gayfight.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.