Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: HTML/Browser question ...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SirAndy
hey HTML gurus, quick question ...

how well supported is the ! stromberg.gif ! tag in browsers like Mozilla and Opera etc?
i know it works on IE (duh) and Netscape ...

i'm thinking about using it to make the eComm a bit easier to navigate, but i don't want to deal with tons of compatibility issues ...

IPB Image Andy
skline
Well, you do know that IE is built on Mozilla right? I would say try it and see. Front Page has the ability to check different browsers for compatability.
SirAndy
QUOTE (skline @ Dec 25 2004, 02:58 PM)
Front Page has the ability

haha, that's a oximoron!!!!

FrontPage = IPB Image IPB Image

IPB Image Andy
boxsterfan
Frames? Ugghhh. If you are going to use frames, make sure the "checkout" page where we go to enter credit card info is not built on frames.
Part Pricer
Andy,

The ! stromberg.gif ! tag has always been supported in Opera and has been supported in Mozilla for quite a while (I forget which version it started with). It has only been supported in IE since version 3. You shouldn't have a problem with those browsers.

However, there have been some problems with Safari and IFRAMES. There was an issue with only blank frames being displayed. I'm not sure if it was resolved, so you should check with some Mac folks.

Firefox and Konquerer fully support it.

I might suggest that you lock down the ! stromberg.gif ! content so that it cannot be displayed outside the frame.

Good luck.
SirAndy
QUOTE (Paul Heery @ Dec 25 2004, 05:53 PM)
I might suggest that you lock down the ! stromberg.gif ! content so that it cannot be displayed outside the frame.

naaaaa, i would only use it for browsing the catalog, not the actual cart & payment pages ...

it just seems the much better solution for browsing the catalog if you have the content displayed in a ! stromberg.gif ! so you don't have to refresh the whole page every time you select another product ...

IPB Image Andy
Jeroen
aaaaarrrrrgggghhhhh.... no (i)frames pleeeeaaaassseeee....
SirAndy
QUOTE (Jeroen @ Dec 25 2004, 07:03 PM)
aaaaarrrrrgggghhhhh.... no (i)frames pleeeeaaaassseeee....

shut up! you're supposed to be in bed anyways ...

IPB Image Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.