Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 6 p.m. Mountain on Speed TV
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gint
I've seen it before. We talked about it here on 914club last time it was on Speed. Vintage Pro/Am race footage using 914's. 6 P.M. Mountain.
Gint
IPB Image

2 minutes!
Trekkor
I'm on late. IPB Image

I hope I didn't miss the 914 footage.

Looks like it's still 20's-30's stuff right now...

KT
Trekkor
I saw them, I saw them! IPB Image

All sixes?

KT
markb
Didn't somebody have a link to that online?
Gint
All sixes?

Yup
machina
just caught it when we got home.

seen it before but its great seeing all those spanking new 6's run around the course. Did you notice the big cookie cutter exhausts on them?
skline
I missed it, did anyone TIVO it? I would have if I would have been home and known. I was at Joe Buckles enjoying the great food he prepared. Hard choice on that one. Eat at Joe's or see the 6's. I think I made out on that one. But if anyone TIVO'd it, maybe I could get a copy.
sixnotfour
I bought that movie about 7 years ago for 2:00 at the video store , Great 914-6 footage .
Otto told me that he worked for a place and that when they were done with the charity . They crushed em all, they were donated because they couldnt sell them.
Old 914 folfkore or real I dont know for sure.

Someone commented on another thread, that they drove at Bob Bonduran"s many years ago at Ontario Speedway and thought they drove a 914, maybe one of these 6's ? BernBomb914
I like Wilt Chamberlin trying to get in one. IPB Image
Eric_Shea
I'd love to know the "real" story as to what happened to these? We should do some investigative research. Someone has to have data on those cars. It would be great history for some -6 owner.
Hi_Fi_Guy
The video of the 914 race is still posted from last year when this aired.

Pual Newman in 914 Celebrity Race

Enjoy,
sixnotfour
I'd love to know the "real" story as to what happened to these? We should do some investigative research. Someone has to have data on those cars. It would be great history for some -6 owner.

IPB Image
Eric , Otto told me about the crushing of the sixes long before I ever saw the movie. Didnt know if I believed him either. Then I saw the movie. They were expensive back then, and didnt really sell that well.
How could they sell them after the race ? IPB Image

the original release date is 1974 rerelease 1986 FYI
anthony
Why couldn't they sell them after the race?
sixnotfour
Slightly used, I guess they could lower the price that way.
Seventyfive914
Hello All. I've seen that flick before on "Speedvision" and I was checking it out last night. I wondered how many of my 914 oriented gear-head brethren were catching it as well. I really hope that old rumor from the grist mill is not true. It makes my stomach churn to think of all those beautiful sixes getting mashed. Absolutely horrible to even imagine. I hope everyone is having a Blessed Christmas Season, and here's wishing you all a very Happy New Year! Regards, -K-
Eric_Shea
Maybe they're in a lost warehouse IPB Image
Trekkor
lost warehouse

The same one that's at the end of the first Indiana Jones movie. IPB Image

KT
Gint
Maybe Brad stole 'em.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.