Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Two quick questions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bulldog9
1. Anyone have a good chart/itemized list of a Victor Reinz full gasket set??? Holy Schniekees............. lots of little gaskets and crush spacers and o rings I dont remember in dissassembly.... lol.

2. Any feedback on the mod in the picture below? I'm about to do it.
Cap'n Krusty
OK. For what vehicle is this tech bulletin meant to apply? What year, what engine? Is this part of the infamous "2.0 T2" mod"? We need to be sure it applies to what you're working on. The gasket sets I've purchased over the years have included only one thickness of base gasket, which is often insufficient because the heads have been flycut and the cases may have been decked, requiring extra shims to adjust the CR.

The Cap'n
Bulldog9
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Nov 20 2013, 02:04 PM) *

OK. For what vehicle is this tech bulletin meant to apply? What year, what engine? Is this part of the infamous "2.0 T2" mod"? We need to be sure it applies to what you're working on. The gasket sets I've purchased over the years have included only one thickness of base gasket, which is often insufficient because the heads have been flycut and the cases may have been decked, requiring extra shims to adjust the CR.

The Cap'n

I picked this up on one of the boards about a year ago and was in my 'do this' file. Either picked it up in the shop talk forum or samba or one of Raby's many boards, cant remember. In fact I think I received it in a private message. From what I understand, this was general good advice or all type 4, eliminate the paper seal between the case & cyls, eliminate the head gasket seal and replace with a shim under the cyl. Each application will vary based on the measured deck height. Point was to eliminate the paper and head gasket and replace with the correct size shim.

My question had more to do with cutting the 'oil spray' groove in the connecting rod. I've done this on several V-8's I've rebuilt, and several of the motorcycles I have rebuilt over the years has already had this.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.