Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need For Speed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Trekkor
I love this game. I play it nearly every night.

What other driving games are people enjoying.

KT
Aaron Cox
search the thread on racer.....
Trekkor
Here's me on the Autobahn...I just got back.

KT
Andyrew
I dont play with the stock 914's much anymore, its more of the turbo's from this place..

http://www.nfs-planet.de/index2.php?lang=eng

lots of good cars (just reinstalled it today, I play it alot actually... That and SCGT...)

Now If only I can get Racer to work...

Anyone have a link to the new release? Racer.nl took it down because of traffic.....

windows xp..

Andrew
Sammy
I play NFSPU at least three times a week, my 6 year old son plays too. I figure another year and he'll be better than me.
Andyrew
My dad just plain cant keep up with me....

I give him a 944 turbo... I take the na.. (supercharged of course...) and I still whip him silly.. Same with the boxster and boxster S...

and the 914 1.7 and 2.0....

Someday he'll win... Someday...
balthazar
I have that game for playstation and gameboy...
curtis
Hey Aron did they come out with a new version of nfs? The version that I have came out about five years ago and just about evey model from porsche number one to the 996 twin turbo. The only 914 on mine is 914-4 with a 1.7 but is still lots of fun to play! IPB Image
curtis
Oh yeah and forgot to ask another question,is the picture you posted from a game that is from Russia that Scott talked about a while back?
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (curtis @ Dec 26 2004, 12:07 PM)
Oh yeah and forgot to ask another question,is the picture you posted from a game that is from Russia that Scott talked about a while back?

yep. the game is called RACER... great fun....

go to http://www.racer-xtreme.com/ for the game and all the hop up cars....

great game...
Andyrew
I cant get any place with the recent patch....

They all just go caput... IPB Image

if I find one, I'll post it..
I've been wanting to get racer to work for a long time.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Andyrew @ Dec 26 2004, 12:54 PM)
I cant get any place with the recent patch....

They all just go caput... IPB Image

if I find one, I'll post it..
I've been wanting to get racer to work for a long time.

you have broadband? if so...ill send you the .zip file through AIM
Rusty
A-Aron... Can I get the file, too?

Couldn't you file attach it to this thread?
SLITS
QUOTE (curtis @ Dec 26 2004, 12:03 PM)
Hey Aron did they come out with a new version of nfs? The version that I have came out about five years ago and just about evey model from porsche number one to the 996 twin turbo. The only 914 on mine is 914-4 with a 1.7 but is still lots of fun to play! IPB Image

You should be able to "upgrade" your 1.7 to a 2.0 by purchasing the upgrades available.

There were also other cars avaiable from their website at one time.
martman
Here is what I play my games on. I built this a couple years ago. I mainly use GT3, ToCA2 and WRC. It uses the computer or PS2. I do spend alot of time on this. This is in our living room, wife is ok with it. The TV turns for use in the room.

It is updated to the new 900 degree FF steering wheel. It makes the game soooo realistic. I like GT3 and ToCA2 the best. Cannot wait to get GT4 it will work awesome with the new steering wheel.

Made a compact portable simulator that I sent to my daughter and she loves it so much. All you do is slide it in front of the TV, plug in and drive.
Rhodes71/914
OK Martman you are serious about your games!

Bums me out that they never released NFSPU on the mac.
don9146
QUOTE (trekkor @ Dec 25 2004, 09:10 PM)
I love this game. I play it nearly every night.

What other driving games are people enjoying.

KT

Even though Grand Prix Legends is over 4 years old, I still find it to br the most realistic racing simulation. The game is a faithful re-creation of the 1967 Furmula 1 season. Hard as hell to even turn one clean lap at Monza, much less run a full race at the Nurburgring. There are lots of updates and add-ons to make the cars and tracks look better, improve the online gaming experience, re-create the 1965 season to make the cars easier to drive, and even add new tracks to race on (F1 cars at Talledega? Done that with 15 other people online, racing and drafting with me.).
The game has been out of print for a while, but can still be found at some used stores and online for about $10.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.