Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Almost Sealed the Deal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
azoldguy
I managed to get my replacement seal into the side channels and lined up correctly across the top where the Targa top would slide in. I cannot get the "metal grippers" to grab the body flange and secure the seal. There must be a trick to it that I do not know. All suggestions are appreciated...and needed.

I'm looking forward to learning here in your forum.

Thanks.
Jeffs9146
QUOTE(azoldguy @ Nov 20 2013, 01:56 PM) *

I managed to get my replacement seal into the side channels and lined up correctly across the top where the Targa top would slide in. I cannot get the "metal grippers" to grab the body flange and secure the seal. There must be a trick to it that I do not know. All suggestions are appreciated...and needed.

Thanks.

I used a block of wood and carefully aligned the clips to the metal and tapped the wood block with a hammer to push the clips onto the metal! Don't force it just take it a bit at a time being very careful not to miss with the clips.
r_towle
QUOTE(azoldguy @ Nov 20 2013, 04:56 PM) *

Thanks.

Possibly the metal is wider than the flange?
Vice Grips?
Dave_Darling
I just grabbed the seal and pushed. If you're close enough, you can also put the top on and the two front latches will pull the top forward as you hook them and push the seal forward the rest of the way.

--DD
Chris Pincetich
welcome.png
beerchug.gif
gothspeed
welcome.png
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.