Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: aluminum brazing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scotty914
i found this searching on welding al with ozy, as i dont have a mig or tig. this stuff looks impressive, you need to watch the video here

i need this stuff
morgan
THAT IS SO COOL. Thanks for info , And I have a tig

JM IPB Image
DJsRepS
Well I was impressed. I saved an aluminum A/C condenser coil for an home once. I bought 3 different alum weld kits some with their own flux. Experimented on scrap and then it was a pain on the real repair. Three try's I almost gave up and never tried it again.
Katmanken
Tried the stuff they sell at Sears Tools on a crack in the cast aluminum oil pan of my mower. Ground out the crack and it filled ok. Bolted it back on the bottom of the engine and it leaked again after a few weeks.

Broke down and bought a new oil pan. Who woulda thought they still make oil pans for a 1970's vintage Cub Cadet mower?

I'd try it again but not in a place where a 60 -70 lb cast iron engine sits on it.

Ken
DJsRepS
Cub Cadet tractors are good ole machines
kkelly
Check out the following source for aluminum brazing:

Tinman Tech

Kevin.
Joe Ricard
wow that is pretty cool. I guess on of the main things as is with any welding "it's got to be clean". Pretty neat trick with the aluminum thread repair. Hmm got an idea IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.