Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Car covers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pat Garvey
Looking for recommendations for a new cover. Mine has served me well for 30+ years, but the last trip to the washer did it in. This cover was never outdoors, but succumbed to old age. It was strictly a soft cotton cover, never meant to be used outdoors for an extended period, and worked fine - soft too.

Now I'm thinking that I need a cover that will need to be able to take some weather, yet still breathe. My 914 will be sent to a shop for mechanical refurbishment that may not be able to guarantee full-time living in a dry space for a couple of months. Could even me subjected to snow (hasn't bee even rain since 1982).

I want it to be protected from all inclement elements, yet to be usable in a dry environment again, and washable. Price is not an issue - just usability and protection.

Pat
pat.gif pat.gif
ellisor3
I used California Car Covers. Very Pleased. I bought the Dust Stop one.
http://www.calcarcover.com/n_covermaterials/All
JStroud
I bought this one and I'm very pleased with it, especially for the price. Seems to be a very durable cover. I need to buy another one for the black car.

Jeff
tumamilhem
I am looking for one also. I have a few browsers saved of some I've looked at. I'll include them when I get a chance.
SLITS
It won't be Concours ... Porsche never supplied one.
Chris Pincetich
I really like my California Car Cover waterproof custom cover for my 914. It has to live outside, and this cover is not always good enough for me when it gets wet. During the winter storms, I cover the 914 first with the "waterproof" custom cover, then with a VERY waterproof tarp, then a generic car cover over the tarp to hold it all together.

The tarp sandwich is the solution I have been most happy with beerchug.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Nov 20 2013, 06:11 PM) *
Looking for recommendations for a new cover.

Timely post!

My girlfriend is making me one right now from heavier fabric that is also coated on the outside to be more water repellent.

She is keeping the patterns, so if this turns out OK, she will be able to make more of those.
cheer.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Nov 21 2013, 10:45 AM) *
Timely post!

My girlfriend is making me one right now from heavier fabric that is also coated on the outside to be more water repellent.

She is keeping the patterns, so if this turns out OK, she will be able to make more of those.
cheer.gif

first.gif

Click to view attachment
914itis
That's looks good. Interested if she will make then available for us .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.