Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New euro Tail lights?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jon H.
Hi' does anyone besides Patrick Motorsports sell new Euro Tail light lenses? They seem to back ordered.

Jon
SLITS
QUOTE(scotty boy @ Nov 20 2013, 06:34 PM) *

Automobile Atlanta has them eh. Just be sure to check your credit card bill happy11.gif

Also check the fit of the re-pops.
bigkensteele
QUOTE(SLITS @ Nov 20 2013, 07:25 PM) *

QUOTE(scotty boy @ Nov 20 2013, 06:34 PM) *

Automobile Atlanta has them eh. Just be sure to check your credit card bill happy11.gif

Also check the fit of the re-pops.

Ditto. The AA units do not fit like OE. They look pretty good from a few feet away, but I have large gaps on the sides where they don't meet the seals. I don't drive my car when there is a chance of precipitation, so it doesn't really bother me that much. However, I think that products should do what they are supposed to do, and one thing that tail light lenses should do is keep the elements on the outside of the car.
Gustl
the AA repros are not correct from the point of originality
the side marker glass is clear, like it is at the USA style tail lights
but the Euro style tail lights should have the same appearance than the other segments

ORIGINAL:
Click to view attachment

REPRO:
Click to view attachment

euro911
Also check with Mark at 914rubber
Mikey914
The reason Georges' are clear on the side is he's using the same molds to make the standard and clear ones.

I have made the molds and have pulled a set and have them on my car in clear. the issue I have had was bonding these correctly. I have enough housings to make these, I just need to do up a few more sets and work out the bonding. I haven't had the time to do these myself, but I have a guy I can have do a few sets for me beginning of this next month.
-mark
Jon H.
Thanks for the info. So I guess new OEM lenses are no longer an option?

Jon
Jon H.
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Nov 21 2013, 01:15 AM) *

The reason Georges' are clear on the side is he's using the same molds to make the standard and clear ones.

I have made the molds and have pulled a set and have them on my car in clear. the issue I have had was bonding these correctly. I have enough housings to make these, I just need to do up a few more sets and work out the bonding. I haven't had the time to do these myself, but I have a guy I can have do a few sets for me beginning of this next month.
-mark

What will the cost be for a pair?

Jon
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Jon H. @ Nov 21 2013, 06:45 AM) *

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Nov 21 2013, 01:15 AM) *

-mark

What will the cost be for a pair?

Jon

I'd wait for Mikey914 to figure out the bonding issue before I ever gave a penny to George. dry.gif
Cairo94507
If the AA taillights actually fit, I would be more inclined to open my wallet….but at present, no thanks.

My car has a set of euro lenses on it and I want to return it to the US rear lenses - but they have to be perfect. I will keep the euro lenses in case I get crazy...
Chris H.
agree.gif Based on the reviews of the "other" repro product I'm waiting.
7TPorsh
why do the AA lenses have that black outline? That's a real turn off to me...
ripper911
QUOTE(7TPorsh @ Nov 21 2013, 11:28 AM) *

why do the AA lenses have that black outline? That's a real turn off to me...

That's the seal that they install when they are made. They can be replaced with the white ones.
JawjaPorsche
I purchased the Euro Lens from AA for $198 with free shipping. I am completely satisfied with the lens.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.