Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: We were honking and swerving
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Chris Julian
So I’m driving home from x-mas dinner at the in-laws today and I spot a green 914 on Highway 85. We zoom up and catch him. By the time we get his attention we were honking and swerving all over our lane. I’m sure the guy thought we were crazy. I had my wife find a pen and scribe “914world.com” on the back of a piece of paper. After a few seconds the guy finally go it and gave us a thumbs up.
Not sure what kind of impression this put on my two boys, 4 and 6 years old but I sure feel like an idiot! What has this site done to me?? The guys car wasn’t in prime condition, but hey whose is? Like I told my wife, if he’s driving a 914 in this day and age, he wants to be driving a 914. Hopefully we just helped another 914 driver keep his car on the road for another couple of years??

Green 914, license# 196 NFG -----------Merry Christmas.

Chris Julian
sixnotfour
Good thing it wasnt 914-NFG IPB Image IPB Image
neo914-6
Chris,
I'll remember not to drive my new 914 near you! IPB Image
Are you going to be home Monday? I'll stop by if it's not raining. I'd hate to slip off your hill.
Happy Holidays,
Felix
morph
I commute approx 2.5 hours a day. I see aprox. 2 914's a month. Recent sightings include white 914 in McMinnville, OR. and red 914 in Tigard OR. There is also the mysterious blue 914 with blue steel wheels I saw downtown Portland around 5 pm a couple months ago. Its always exciting to see another 914 on the road......running. There are a lot of 914's here.

HIEDI
Chris Julian
Hi Felix,

Merry Christmas. No looks like I am working M,T,W, this week. I'll be home Thursday and Friday if you want to come by for a dash up and down the hill. Most everyone in the office is off so I'll catch up on the various 914 parts I need to make, plus if I take these days off I won't have enough vacation in 2005 for fun runs, the WCC, ect..

Give me a call.

Chris
Seagrave
Heidi, the car in front here may have been the car you saw from McMinnville. I saw this guy at Scholls Ferry and Roy Rogers and did a little waving and light flashing of my own.
neo914-6
Most everyone in the office is off so I'll catch up on the various 914 parts I need to make,

Chris,
Does that mean you have free reign in their machine shop? IPB Image I leave for Seattle Tuesday for family and Neo914 stuff. How about next Sunday? BTW, I bought a race car roller, but no plans for V8... I may need to change my ID soon.
Felix
morph
QUOTE (Seagrave @ Dec 25 2004, 09:28 PM)
Heidi, the car in front here may have been the car you saw from McMinnville. I saw this guy at Scholls Ferry and Roy Rogers and did a little waving and light flashing of my own.

The car had the "porsche" stripe on the side and 2.0L fuchs, early bumper.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.