Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: National 914 breakfast day!?!?!?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
spare time toys
What if all the various parts of the country went out for breakfast on the same day? I would set one up for Dallas area. Someone can set up thier area just do it all on the same day. Lets just pick a day and do it. IPB Image
gregrobbins
Lets do it.

I can get ahold of Gerard and we can get Arizona covered.
GaroldShaffer
I could cover Chicagoland area. IPB Image
TC/914
What a COOL idea ! ! ! ! The pictures posted afterward would be wondrful to see as well. The "parking lot" shots would make for a wondeful contrast given the various locations and Winter conditions. SUV's in the North East, 914's from the South West and a mix of everything in between.
JeffBowlsby
Why not pick a day in the spring, the last day of a month, so that we can get the word out and attract as many as possible. If its done soon, in the winter, fewer will be interested in the colder parts of the country. What about say May or June where its nice everywhere?
gregrobbins
What about say May or June where its nice everywhere?

?

We will be in the hundred and teen temperature wise in AZ.

April (80s) or May (90s) would be a little more bearable in Arizona. But hey, (Gerard has AC and I am hoping SLITS can help me get an AC setup working), but any chance to get together with other 914 owners is great. Besides, the restaurants are air conditioned. We don't sweat in Arizona, we glow, or maybe melt.
spare time toys
Hows March 26 2005 at 9:14 local sharp your time. Ill find a DFW place IPB Image
JoeSharpOld
I think its a great idea. IPB Image But its going to take alot of bumping to keep it going. IPB Image
Joe
spare time toys
The admins could move it up to the nailed section for a while IPB Image
Carlitos Way
Wouldn't the "logical" choice be September 14th? Not that I want to wait that long... but it kinda jumped out at me...
anthony
Nobody will show up when it's not on the weekend. I nominate 2nd Saturday or Sunday in September.
seanery
Anything before Mid-April is too early for the snowy, salty part of the world IMHO
spare time toys
Here is an idea how about we do this the weekend of the WCC05? That way all of us who can not make the big event can still feel that we are a part of it in some way. IPB Image Think about it IPB Image Teeners all over sitting down to celebrate our cars ,our hobby, and each others friendship. with the biggest group being out west where the thing started. Or not.
spare time toys
IPB Image Lets get some more input folks. Is the WCC weekend a good date for you?
skline
Well, I am going to be at the WCC. So its perfect for me. IPB Image I am going to trailer my car up so I can beat the hell out of it and still be able to get it home. I would hate to break down 3 hours from home and not have a way to get it home without a $500.00 tow bill.
boxstr
Only problem I see with the WCC date is that there are activities planned at the time of the Worldwide 9:14 breakfast day. Or are there??
I like the idea of having it take place as a seperate event.
How about March 20 2005, First day of spring. When the birds are chirping,the flowers are blooming, the 914s are roaring.
CCLINFOURSEASONS
ThinAir
QUOTE (cmolina @ Dec 26 2004, 02:13 PM)
Wouldn't the "logical" choice be September 14th? Not that I want to wait that long... but it kinda jumped out at me...

IPB Image

I don't want to wait that long either, but it makes sense to me to do it annually on September 14th even if we have another date . It's not that cool yet in Arizona by then, but it's probably passable even down in the warm weather areas.
Carlitos Way
If 9/14 is not a weekend, we can always call it for the Saturday immediately following or immediately preceding. We can always do a moment of silence on 9/14 or sing German drinking songs in anticipation of oktoberfest.
spare time toys
If you went the first Sat. after 9-14 you could also do an eve. diner at a local German establishment. what about that???
spare time toys
Now that the Holidays are over I figured I would throw this back out for review. IPB Image
markb
It IS a great idea! IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.