Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How to remove wheel stud
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
shawn914
Need to remove these wheel studs. I've tried a C-clamp, without success. Thought about a BFH but that can't be right (right?). Any ideas welcome - thanks.
Thanks
Shawn
(I did a search with the google app, no threads located)
Click to view attachment
Mike Bellis
20 ton press...
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Nov 21 2013, 08:16 PM) *

20 ton press...

Or a BFH. I used one and it worked great. biggrin.gif
Spoke
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Nov 21 2013, 11:16 PM) *

20 ton press...

agree.gif

Your local automotive machine shop or repair station with a press can do it. I had rear hubs re-studded for $30.
messix
u gotta compressor and a air chisel ?

use the drift point and air hammer it out, works on my one ton rotors.
Montreal914
Just did mine with the press yesterday, piece of cake.
Now the hubs are at the anodizer for refinishing, looking forward to see the result... drooley.gif
914dave
Shawn
I have a 12 ton press if you want to bring them up and we can press them out.
Dave
jimkelly
check out post #138

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...1491&st=100
shawn914
All - Thanks for the suggestions, I don't have a compressor (yet...) so good to know a BFH can do the J - O - B. However the offer of a press is mucho appreciated - thanks for the offer Dave! PM sent.
Jim - great thread, thanks - bookmarked.
Shawn
shuie
The fronts can be pressed out pretty easily in a bench vice. Unless the rears are welded in, you should be able to put a steel lug nut on them and whack them out with a hammer.
Rleog
Here's a link showing a tool available at Harbor Freight that can be used to press out studs:

http://forums.evolutionm.net/evo-tires-whe...-safe-easy.html

Krieger
You could try heating them in an oven for a while then hitting them. 200* would be safe
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.