Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914/4 with flares, wheel question?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ETMracing
Stock 4 bolt hubs with a 1" spacer/adapter to 5x130 until I convert over to 911 fronts this will have to do. Whats a good wheel size to run, will ATS cookies work? Unsure of a good offset that will not rub. Thanks
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(ETMracing @ Nov 21 2013, 10:53 PM) *

Stock 4 bolt hubs with a 1" spacer/adapter to 5x130 until I convert over to 911 fronts this will have to do. Whats a good wheel size to run, will ATS cookies work? Unsure of a good offset that will not rub. Thanks

Search is your friend. There are only about a thousand wheel threads. poke.gif
rick 918-S
Hard to say what will work with all the adaptors and spacers. I'm not sure I've seen this question before.

Maybe try the search function. Or someone here will eventually help with a link.

welcome.png
gothspeed
It will work fine if they are porsche 5 lug cookie. ?.. smile.gif
jimkelly
what did you do in rear - drill out 4 lug rotors to 5 lug?

rather than run conversion 4to5 spacers in front and buy temp wheels, you could drill your front rotors for 5 lugs and run the wheels you will ultimately use.

i'm not a fan of running spacers, especially on front.

show us a pic of the 1" spacer you have.
CptTripps
Slight hijack: I didn't know there was an alternative TO spacers. Is there? I've got 3.5" struts on the front and 5-lug hubs. If there's a way to widen things without a spacer, I'd be all over that.
ETMracing

Of course Ive searched im not new to how forums work, and I know the previous owner of the adapters ran Fuchs, just not sure of his sizes. My main question would be if the ATS 944 cookie cutters would work in 15x7 22.3et...since most cookies are run on non flared slightly pulled 914's I wonder if with a flare and that adapter being 1" would make a difference.
cgnj
Well, I'm guessing the car had wheels on it when you bought it. I'd run those and decide what front end (m struts or SC struts). If you need the look, I'd get rotors from Eric and put off the big decision.

I have a 2270 and run an SC front end on it. I have 2056 and run m struts. I'm married to narrow bodies, until I do a 6 or put a 928 motor in, I thing that m struts are enough, and they weight a ton less.

I have a garage full of parts that I have bought and never used because after thinking about how my car was going to be powered, what I had bought didn't make any sense.

Read this post http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...p;hl=conversion
Wish it had been around when I did the 2270/sc front end.

If you need the look, I have a set of 15x7 cookie cutters that I'd sell you cheap.

Carlos
r_towle
QUOTE(CptTripps @ Nov 22 2013, 08:03 AM) *

Slight hijack: I didn't know there was an alternative TO spacers. Is there? I've got 3.5" struts on the front and 5-lug hubs. If there's a way to widen things without a spacer, I'd be all over that.

911 struts, hubs, rotors and calipers.
All bolt in, no spacer needed.
tscrihfield
QUOTE(CptTripps @ Nov 22 2013, 08:03 AM) *

I think that I understand what you're asking and it is possible. It requires (precise) modification of both the lower control arm and the top camber plates. So, while most would shy away, it is possible...

Edit: this is not necessary for cookies though...
rohar
QUOTE(ETMracing @ Nov 22 2013, 11:15 AM) *

Of course Ive searched im not new to how forums work, and I know the previous owner of the adapters ran Fuchs, just not sure of his sizes. My main question would be if the ATS 944 cookie cutters would work in 15x7 22.3et...since most cookies are run on non flared slightly pulled 914's I wonder if with a flare and that adapter being 1" would make a difference.

Help, not help, I don't know but here's my reasoning:

Cookie cutters were used on early offset 944s. So were early offset Fuchs. If Fuchs fit on this amalgam of parts, cookie cutters should too. The only variable at play is tire width.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.