Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 904 Kit Car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
boxstr
Here is an ebay 904 kit car. It appears at first glance to be well built?? I may not be seeing something obvious? I can see a nice six just sitting in the back of this car, or Sean can put his Cayenne V8 back there. IPB Image
I know Beck brought one to Dunkles last year, not sure where they are on production.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...4513880497&rd=1

CCLINKITCARHEAVEN
Sammy
very nice, we could have lots of fun with something like that. It's at $13k now and hasn't met the reserve, i figure it will take another $25k to finish it after it is bought so it's way outta my budget range. Bummer. I'd really like to have one of those.
DJsRepS
13k and no suspension not even a roller, call me cheap but I would at least like to roll it on a trailer.
TJB/914
Craig,

I been watching this one since it started. I've been in love with the 904 since seeing my first one.

I parked next to a real one the summer of 1999. The owner is local and owned the car 30-some yrs. Really interesting story & bought it cheap before prices went sky high.

I am thinking I should bid on this one. I wonder how high it will go.

Tom
Happy Holiday's to Camp-914
TJB/914
Another view lined up with an assortment of Porshce's.
boxstr
Tom Good morning. Well if you did get that 904, shipping would be easy than it would for those of us on the left coast. And you are not that far away that you could at least drive down and take a eyeball look. After the snow and ice melt IPB Image
I have a bid on a 1965 Mustang convertible, a local car. Nicely restored as a driver. Waiting to find out if one of the family members wants it bad enough to pay more for it from the executor. I will send pics if I end up buying the car.
Happy Holidays to you and the family.
CCLINDAMPCAMP
VegasRacer
One of my friends here in Vegas just got one of those 904's. It comes complete except for the motor and tranny. I will get some photos for you guys to IPB Image over. It is top quality all the way. The price for the roller was $30K.
Howard
I believe this is the guy who ended up with the Beck 904 molds and such. A complete car was listed on ebay a few months ago, but don't know if it sold. I spoke to him and he said he wasn't sure if he was going to restart production or just sell the works. Car looked terrific, but I didn't have the guts to do it.
Howard
another
Howard
another
Howard
last one
TJB/914
Howard & John,

Thanks for the follow-up pictures. I didn't know Beck sold the molds. These kits would be the only way some of us could own one. Give us a report if you find out more.

I keep collecting parts for my next 914-GT project & this 904 kit could replace my future project.

Tom
TJB/914
Hey Bowsley,

Can you picture a 904 with a black/yellow color combo similiar to the 914 LE??

Tom
Howard
I have this pic (lust, lust) in Suzi color kondorgelb (condor yellow??)
ws91420
G&W in Waynesboro, VA has the real thing. prototype
JeffBowlsby
Tom, somehow I can only visualize that car in silver... IPB Image
Brando
New dream car spotted.

Now all I need is the CGT engine to go in it... IPB Image
scottb
factory five

noticed this company in road and track while sitting in the doctors office a couple of weeks ago. they are in mass so maybe i can make a road trip. i have told the wife i would like to make one of these some day. seem to be well thought out cars....
boxstr
A neat site to check out is http://www.904gts.com they manufacture and market a base car w/o running gear, al lfor $74,918.53 IPB Image
CCLINKITCARORPHAN
GTeener
QUOTE (scottb @ Dec 26 2004, 05:10 PM)
factory five

noticed this company in road and track while sitting in the doctors office a couple of weeks ago. they are in mass so maybe i can make a road trip. i have told the wife i would like to make one of these some day. seem to be well thought out cars....

I saw one of these kits running at the last HSDE at Infineon. Looked really nice IPB Image
Root_Werks
I have seen that 904 "kit" a few places. 2 Complete cars. Wait and buy someone's completed car if you want one. The last two I saw (the red on on e-bay pictured above) only went for like $33k didn't it? IPB Image I would rather buy that than a new car. IPB Image
Eddie914
How about a 904 style body on a 914 chassis?

What is the wheelbase of a 904?

A 906 body would be fabulous ... wheelbase of the 906, 907, 908, 909 & 910 is only about 90". That is about 6" shorter than a 914.

Eddie
Root_Werks
QUOTE (Eddie914 @ Dec 27 2004, 01:17 PM)

What is the wheelbase of a 904?

A 906 body would be fabulous ... wheelbase of the 906, 907, 908, 909 & 910 is only about 90". That is about 6" shorter than a 914.

Eddie

Never liked the kits you put on 914's to make it a 904. Just doesn't look right. Just me though. IPB Image
Brent
Factory Five puts out a seemingly nice product. Here's one I snapped in Tahoe in 2003, Cobra though.
neo914-6
Automobile Atlanta had one in the works, but I don't see it on their site anymore. The proportions looked odd. It's difficult to make the curved 904 body work with the retangular 914 windshield.
Felix
Sammy
About 6 years ago I was serious about buying or building a cobra. I did a whole bunch of homework and found one thing: Factory five was the bargain basement cheapo of cobra kits. That might be different now, but back then all the experts I read or talked to said stay away from FF cobras.
I have a book at home called "the complete guide to cobra kit cars" or something like that, it has an entire chapter dedicated to ripping on the factory five kit complete with detailed pictures of why not to buy one.

Cobra city is only a few miles from my house and I used to visit them often. One day I asked them what they thought of a factory five, they almost threw me off the property.
Air_Cooled_Nut
First, I'm cheap IPB Image
Second, there is no way I would pay that much money for a repro SHELL of a car IPB Image

I dunno, seems too greedy to me.
Qarl
If you want the ultimate in kit car cobras... go here...

http://www.superformance.com/

They deliver a roler... you just install the motor and tranny...

I saw an expose on them on Speed Channel... very impressive.
Brent
I didn't mean to hijack to thread IPB Image to the cobras. I Actually stumbled on the "meet" in Tahoe and was impressed by all. Actually, made me more motivated to get back into the 914's.

The FF "seemingly" looked nice. I guess the finish items such as guages complemented it well.

And, the roar of any strong engine will turn heads of all on this BBS! Just my .02.
Aaron Cox
why does it have a boost gauge?

supercharged?
Qarl
Superperformance Interior

IPB Image

I'd really like to get their Coupe kit and stuff a 550 HP fuel injected monster in it!
boxstr
Brent those gauges just do not look right in a Cobra. Sorry.
CCLINSHELBYRACING
Brent
YEP. supercharged.
Brent
OK.... How about these guages. (see attached) The beauty of Cobras as in 914's are the mix of parts one can express their likes. All don't have to be OEM concours. The red one was more current with the gauges, supercharger, current wheels etc. My favorite was the black Shelby mfg.

Again, I would have rather stumbled on a P car rally of some kind.

Cheers!
boxstr
WOW that is kewl looking, plus the signature on the dash. That helps resale.
CCLINHEYLITTLECOBRA
Brent
Boxstr,

Didn't know if you could tell, but the guages are screened

"SHELBY" on each face. Too nice!
Sammy
As the old saying goes, "if you have to ask the price you can't afford it",
check out http://www.the904store.com/
lots o' eye candy there.
Aaron Cox
F/G body for 48k

put this motor in it IPB Image

904 GTS
IPB Image
Brent
Aaron,

Is that eight cyl motor?
Qarl
4 cylinder... twin plug... I think it has 160 HP or something...
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Qarl @ Dec 28 2004, 02:54 PM)
4 cylinder... twin plug... I think it has 160 HP or something...

4 CAM MOTOR...

i thought they had MFI though IPB Image
greg.treadway
My advice is to stay away from this avani brand. if you're going to get one, get it from Beck as he is the best.
r_towle
Greg??????

Is beck selling 904 kits?

Is Auto Atlanta selling the 9014???

Who is avani???

Rich
greg.treadway
Sorry Avanti. I missed a letter when typing.

Don't quote me but I think the one you see on ebay represents some molds that were sold to Avanti by Beck. Avanti had no luck reproducing the cars and so they are selling what they have. The down low is that Beck is working on new project. I have pictures of it from his bringing by the shop, but without his permission I would not want to say anything about it. He will unveil it in his own time.

As for the 9014, yes we sell that body kit. We are in the 3rd incarnation of the 9014 and have the 2nd generation molds for sale to anyone that would like to produce it as a kit or parts. We thought we were done with version 3, but with some critique from Chuck Beck and others we changed a couple of things and re-evaluated the release until absolutely complete.

http://autoatlanta.com/9014.html
r_towle
Greg,
Very cool. good to see progress again...keep going, yet deal with the windshield issue and you will have it.

Rich
Air_Cooled_Nut
I love the looks of the 904...and as for the 9014, well, thinner is better. BUT! If the price was right I think I would put only the 9014 nose on and leave the rear end stock 914. Somethin' about the nose of the 904 is darn purdy and I think it would work quite well on a 914. IMHO.
greg.treadway
I don't know that I have seem anyone try to just put the front end of the 9014 on a 914. I think it may take on more or a chalon kit look at that point.
Air_Cooled_Nut
QUOTE (greg.treadway @ Dec 28 2004, 07:54 PM)
I don't know that I have seem anyone try to just put the front end of the 9014 on a 914. I think it may take on more or a chalon kit look at that point.

I know what a Chalon kit looks like and it wouldn't. The 9014 front end is much sexier IPB Image
VegasRacer
As promised, here are some photos of my friends new Avanti / Beck 904.
VegasRacer
Inside
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.