Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fire Extinguisher Mount
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pvollma
I have found a universal mount for putting a fire extinguisher on the front (passenger) seat that allows it to move with the seat, much like the very expensive ones available for 911's. The mount is sold by H3R performance:

H3R Performance

I had it installed by Tony Miller at Translog in York, PA:

Translog

The base price for the mount is $79.99, but H3R does not sell directly to consumers. They charge a $15 fee to their dealers for a minimum order fee (the minimum order is dollar-based, I think), so you might want to consolidate your order with others to avoid the fee (my dealer split it with me because I also purchased the extinguisher from him).

Note that some fabrication was required; Tony added the support plate to the seat bottom. If you have questions, feel free to contact Tony directly -- I didn't install it, so I'm probably not going to be much help.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Mark Henry
Although we tend to not mind spam that is on topic from our contributing members, this is spam none the less. There is a for sale or member vendor section for this sort of thing.

BTW you can pick these things up off of ebay. rolleyes.gif
pvollma
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Nov 22 2013, 04:31 PM) *

Although we tend to not mind spam that is on topic from our contributing members, this is spam none the less. There is a for sale or member vendor section for this sort of thing.

How is it spam when I find a product that solves a problem, one that has been discussed in other posts with no real solution, post what I found, and provided links to both the product and the shop that installed it? I did not offer to sell the product, I'm not a vendor, nor do I own or work for the shop. I'm just a 914 owner that wanted to help other owners.
dangrouche
thanks for the tip; based on looking at it, it gives me ideas to fab one up
euro911
Lighten up an the new guy, Mark slap.gif

I don't see it as spam. It's an informational post to me.

Mine is in the front trunk. I really should mount it in the passenger compartment idea.gif
Mark Henry
QUOTE(dangrouche @ Nov 22 2013, 11:31 PM) *

thanks for the tip; based on looking at it, it gives me ideas to fab one up

biggrin.gif
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Nov 22 2013, 01:31 PM) *

I'm a little confused about your objection to his post. If Dr. Evil announces a tranny clinic, is he guilty of "spam"?
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(euro911 @ Nov 22 2013, 09:21 PM) *

Lighten up an the new guy, Mark slap.gif

I don't see it as spam. It's an informational post to me.

Mine is in the front trunk. I really should mount it in the passenger compartment idea.gif

Is it inside the trunk with your emergency battery cut-off switch. av-943.gif poke.gif
euro911
Watch it dufus, I carry a baseball bat in there too dead horse.gif

laugh.gif
Amphicar770
I used heavy duty velcro. I do not race mine but it has never moved.
PlaysWithCars
QUOTE(Amphicar770 @ Nov 22 2015, 07:45 PM) *

I used heavy duty velcro. I do not race mine but it has never moved.

I would not use velcro, heavy duty or not, to mount the extinguisher. Fire extinguishers are not light items and in the event of an accident velcro is not going to contain it. It is going to become a heavy projectile bouncing around in the cabin with you.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.