Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Exhausts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914outlaw
Hey everyone,
Does anyone have a link to the post that describes which exhausts are interchangeable. I might be put these 1.7 HE and muffler on my 2.0. Can I put these on by using the 1.7 muffler hangers? Or is something else that makes it incompatible? Thanks in advance.
Dave

IPB Image IPB Image
914itis
They are interchangeable as long as you use a complete set. Heat exchangers, muffler and bracket.

They must all match.
914outlaw
QUOTE(914itis @ Nov 22 2013, 08:03 PM) *

They are interchangeable as long as you use a complete set. Heat exchangers, muffler and bracket.

They must all match.

Ok Thanks
r_towle
agree.gif
TheCabinetmaker
It is my understanding that the stock 1.7 exchanger have a smaller diameter inside than the 2.0l. That will cost you a few ponies. You will also find that you hate the sound of that muffler. Those upturned tips collect water which will cause them to rust and literally fall off. Ask me how I know.
mepstein
Stock exchangers were different. I'm pretty sure the ss 1.7 and 2.0 are the same diameter. I agree about the exhaust, I got tired of hearing it on a long drive and they only would last a year or 2.
914itis
No wonder why I had to weld patch all 4 elbows on mine due to rust.
But I didn't mind the sound.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.