I've got a 1971 1.7L 914 that needs a new home. It was my first vehicle, purchased at 15 years old, and I had high hopes of getting her running. Unfortunately, this project never made it very far on part time Taco Bell wages while I was in school. I'm now going to college and don't have the time or money to invest.

To be honest, she's in pretty bad shape. The previous owner installed fiberglass fenders (which are cracking near the sheet metal) and had the car painted white. The original color code is L63. Rodents chewed up the wiring harness just inside the front trunk but my father soldered and wrapped the wires in shrink tubing. Rust is very prevalent. You can see holes throughout the floor panels and under the battery tray. I haven't opened up the longs but I imagine those look pretty nasty as well. If I recall correctly, I believe the rear trunk has a bit of rust around the rear edge but I cant get it open to take pictures. The engine ran before I removed it about a year ago and it has been sitting in my garage since.

I have been purchasing parts over the past several years and have quite a variety, though most haven't been installed. Here's what I've got:

-The car has a set of 14" american racing wheels that I had powder coated silver. Firehawk tires are several years old but only have about a mile on them.

-KYB shocks all around are several years old as well.

-New rotors and rebuilt calipers with new brake pads.

-OEM foglight grills need some chrome paint but the plastic is in good condition.

-Full gasket kit from Victor Reinz

-Chrome side mirrors are in good condition but could use new glass.

-New Bosch platinum spark plugs and Duralast spark plug wires.

-Center console with temp gauge and room for two others.

-Reproduction sheet metal from Restoration Design Inc includes:
-Front and rear floor panels
-Right door threshold sill
-Passenger compartment inner longitudinal member
-Right longitudinal overlay frame stiffener
-Upper and lower right inner wheelhouse
-Engine tray for use with suspension console
-Battery tray

-Used front bumper, front spoiler, and rear bumper.

-OEM speaker grills.

-OEM cigarette lighter, foglight switch, and headlight switch.

-Three seals. One is for the front trunk. Another, I believe, is for the targa top? And I'm unsure about the other. I included pics to help.

-I also have a new rear windscreen, purchased on Ebay, with 'Porsche 914' etched into it, though I don't have pictures of that.

I haven't posted ad's elsewhere yet as I'd like to see her go to a good home. I'm asking $2000. Feel free to contact me with any questions. You can send me a message here, an email at robert_conley_t@yahoo.com or text or call 405-434-2050. I generally work 5 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday-Thursday but I'll be free after that.

I've never posted pictures here before and the method I tried didn't work but please check out my pictures at: http://s1331.photobucket.com/user/EXPERIME...rt=2&page=1