Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I have a 71 1.8L 914 for sale. $900 delivered to Boulder area
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
stugray
It was driven to it's current location ~3 years ago, and driven into and out of the driveway twice since.
Car has:
The engine has stock FI
decent interior & dash
all glass
top good
no front bumper in pics, but one (bent) avail
good rear bumper & rear lenses
SS Heat exchangers & looks like all heater elements

CAVEATS:
Car has sat for long enough that fuel should be drained.
Brakes worked when parked, but show a leak in the driveway and now no brakes when loading onto the car carrier.
Engine rocker arms were removed, but have set to replace them with.
SO - currently engine would not run without rocker replacement & valve adjustment (all parts included).

Longerons have been replaced with heavy angle iron by PO, and critical parts of suspension are rusted - Not road worthy!

This would be an excellent parts car if you had a solid tub.

Pictures available:
http://s366.photobucket.com/user/stuartjgr...e/914_white_car
stugray
Ok.... driveable 71 with stock FI.

Crushing it.
Because it needs to go (city code violations).

I will pull all of the good parts and take to erie salvage if no response.

stugray
going.... yes i have seen posts about particular parts ...

You should see where this is going: FAR MORE value for my time removing parts than the parts are worth

Time vs. value conversion says that I should crush the running 71 914 rather than spend the time trying to find a buyer.
Sad but true. It will cost me money trying to find a worthy buyer vs just crushing it w/ minimal physical expenditure....
dfelz
QUOTE(stugray @ Dec 1 2013, 04:31 PM) *

going.... yes i have seen posts about particular parts ...

You should see where this is going: FAR MORE value for my time removing parts than the parts are worth

Time vs. value conversion says that I should crush the running 71 914 rather than spend the time trying to find a buyer.
Sad but true. It will cost me money trying to find a worthy buyer vs just crushing it w/ minimal physical expenditure....

Does that mean that you wont be removing any parts requested prior to sending it to the crusher??? I PMed you but got no reply...
stugray
David,

I would of course remove the steering wheel cluster as well as the entire wiring harness.

I would just prefer someone save a driveable car for $1500 rather than me "dispose" of it.
mepstein
QUOTE(stugray @ Dec 1 2013, 10:42 PM) *

David,

I would of course remove the steering wheel cluster as well as the entire wiring harness.

I would just prefer someone save a driveable car for $1500 rather than me "dispose" of it.

Selling it whole is easy. Parting out is a pain but you can probably make your money and more, Especially if it has alloy wheels. Locks, switches, small parts, ect. They all add up. The wire harness a project. It's takes some time. Don't get involved with cutting it up unless you want a big project.
dfelz
QUOTE(stugray @ Dec 1 2013, 07:42 PM) *

David,

I understand and agree, it is always preferred that a 914 is saved rather than crushed sad.gif
rick 918-S
I could use a bunch of parts off that car but I'm too far away this time of year to come out with a trailer and a 2wd ranger pickup. dry.gif
914runnow
one of the local guys offered to help you remove parts...
I also had asked about the cost of the stripped body/chassis..
sounds like it is all going to be munched????
what are they giving you for the car at Erie???
and how soon to have it gone??
Thanx Rx
stugray
Sorry I havent replied to any PMs lately.
Holiday week was busy.

I am not in a huge hurry to get rid of the car, but I need the cash to finish the racecar before this next season.
I would have no trouble stripping the car myself in a few days, I just would have to store the racecar outside then find garage space for the parts.

I would prefer someone take the whole package and move it to a good tub.

I will take offers.
With the exception of the rocker arms being removed and the brakes now leaking, the car still drives.
rnellums
Stu I'm up to help strip the parts, and I'm pretty sure I can corral Ray into doing it too (maybe we could snag the dash out of it as payment?) I've gotten pretty good at tearing these cars apart.

-Ross
stugray
Price change.

Please someone buy this driveable collection of parts.

Ross - thx for the offer. I dont need help (have three healthy kids living with me at the moment), but if youd like to stop by any time, let me know.
The racecar is almost finished and I have a large stockpile of parts separate from the car for sale.

Stu
stugray
I just posted it on craigslist.
I really wish someone here who appreciates it would have gotten it.

I just dont have the time or the space for a second project car.
GaroldShaffer
icon_bump.gif

damn wish you were closer. dry.gif

Someone needs to pick this car up.
etcmss
PM sent, check on shipping to see if it works out.
etcmss
its a nice parts car but not now.
stugray
Still available. $1000
stugray
Bump price drop!

Cmon! This car has SS HEs and near-perfect rear lenses.
Those two items alone are worth $300

Delivered!
rnellums
Stu,

I really don't need another car, but I might have to pull the trigger on this one.

PM sent.

and Merry Christmas!

-Ross
914runnow
QUOTE(rnellums @ Dec 25 2013, 08:05 AM) *

Stu,

I really don't need another car, but I might have to pull the trigger on this one.

PM sent.

and Merry Christmas!

-Ross

Hey Cannonfoot....was at Marks shop over by your work today..
saw 4 914'z...Better than Disneyland..!!
soooo catch up to him....with the 71..!!!
Rx
I can't do it...due to..........well will announce later!! piratenanner.gif
stugray
Still for sale
rnellums
I got a chance to check this car out last weekend. It certainly is an excellent value for someone who had a decent tub to swap parts into. The car is incredibly complete for this price. Shoot, the two rear view mirrors alone would bring over 300! The car had orange KONI adjustables, foglights in good condition and good glass all around, not to mention the excellent condition rear tail lights. Interior all seemed decent as well with only a few small cracks in the dash. The early back pad especially is in good shape, with no visible tears (that I saw).

The rust issues are such that a restoration isn't really in the picture, when Stu says heavy angle iron what he really means is that some bridges in the area may be missing some of the structural steel. That said, the beams are so stiff that the car may be driveable short term.

This car is a steal of a deal for someone who has rough early 914 because this car has enough parts that could be transferred over to make a pretty incredible car.

I passed on it personally because I've already got two 914's, a Subaru, and motorcycle in my 2-car garage. Plus, with the ashtray cupholder production rolling I don't really need another distraction.

-Ross

aktion035.gif
southpaw
QUOTE(stugray @ Jan 9 2014, 10:07 AM) *

Still for sale

please send me an you still have it or email me adamtownson@gmail.com

im near boulder
stugray
PM sent to southpaw
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.