Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A-pillar tweeter?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Aaron Cox
hey all.....

was in my stockpile of 914 parts, and saw i has like 5 or 6 a pillar trim pieces....so i said to myself.."self, is it possible to fit a 1 inch tweeter into the a pillar?"

what are your thoughts...(yes, i talk to myself wacko.gif )
seanery
Anything can be done.
If you're interested in trying take one out and hold it up to see if you can find a place that would function well. If you can, then the fun begins and you get to fab some hardware and trim pieces to make it pretty.

Someone was discussing gauge pods on the A pillar, you may want to find that thread and see what the results were, you may have the same or similar issues.
Aaron Cox
i was thinkin along the lines of a gauge pod.....ill let you know. i ll do a photoshop mockup. will someone shoot me a pic of their a pillar plaese? then email it to me....i dont have a digital camera sad.gif
tryan
try some of the powerstroke diesel sites. they have gage pods for the a pillars. most are 2 or 3 holes so you might put in a smalll mid with a tweeter and put a high x-over on it.
StratPlayer
Heres a gauge pod on a pillar
Aaron Cox
someting like this.....not so pronounced as the gauge pod...a little 1 inch tweeter angled at the driver, protruding .5 to .75 inches outward...maybe do it in fiberglass, and recover it in vinyl
boxstr
I was thinking one in the back, where the coat hook resides. You could turn them backwards and let the sound refract off of the glass.
These are Infinity 105t.
boxstr
Here is the mounting in a BMW 325 IC
Aaron Cox
same thing is in my mom's bose equipped nissan maxima. now, how would you make it look smooth onto the a pillar or the b pillar? fiberglass layup, covered in vinyl? huh.gif
kdfoust
You could go totally stealth and mount the tweeters inside the vents at each end of the dash. That's what I'm planning...someday.

Have fun,
Kevin
seanery
that's not a bad idea, the vents don't do too much anyway!
boxstr
You could get the early style lower knee pad, no vents. Then you could start with a cleaner insert area. Elimnate the vent tubes completely.
I have tried different ways to make the vents work never could get it right. So I am going to start over.
CCLINTWEETERLAND
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.