Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914s by the Dozen on Daily Turisimo
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mike Bellis
I see JRust's car!
JRust
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Nov 23 2013, 08:06 AM) *

I see JRust's car!

I like this guys descriptions lol-2.gif . They are pretty damn funny. Even mine takes a bit of a shot at me. I laughed though good stuff
DailyTurismo
QUOTE(carr914 @ Nov 23 2013, 05:18 AM) *

Hey guys, I am the author schmuck who wrote the article and noticed a fair bit of hate coming in my direction -so I wrote up an apology to the 914 world.

IPB Image
Public Service Announcement; After the deluge of hate mail, death threats and negative comments on our update on the 914 market, we want to make one thing clear; we love 914s. There is no way to not love cheap, good handling classics, and while the owners may have skin thinner than the rust prone 24-gauge sheet metal of their beloved 914, there is no need for additional threats.
Read the rest here:
http://www.dailyturismo.com/2013/11/psa-da...rsche-914s.html
Eric_Shea
Even mine takes a bit of a shot at me.

Who told him about the meth problem? confused24.gif

biggrin.gif
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(DailyTurismo @ Nov 25 2013, 01:53 PM) *

Public Service Announcement....

I like this one! Can we keep him? biggrin.gif

--DD
smj
QUOTE(DailyTurismo @ Nov 25 2013, 01:53 PM) *
Hey guys, I am the author schmuck who wrote the article and noticed a fair bit of hate coming in my direction -so I wrote up an apology to the 914 world.
Thanks for coming by and introducing yourself, whatever the circumstances. And welcome.png

Article seems fine to me. Anybody who likes what they saw, potentially grows the asylum community. As for the thin skin and death threats - sheesh, WTF? "If you can't take a joke, you shouldn't have enlisted."

It's only the Intarwebs, people...
Eric_Shea
I thought it was funnier than shit! Somebody seriously slammed you for that?

Derpy-Der...
DailyTurismo
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Nov 25 2013, 03:07 PM) *

Derpy-Der...

Perhaps I am a bit guilty of theatrical embellishment when I say "death threats" but one commenter said
"I think the author is a pompous a-hole..... couldn't you have found someone who likes and appreciates these cars to write the article? "
My first thought was, whoa - its 10am on Saturday and I don't understand this email...am I drunk already? These sort of fuddled thoughts and lack of coordination usually happen in the afternoon...but then I got an email to the tips acct saying
"What a pointless article! If you don't like 914's that's ok but to rip it to shreads is bullshit!.You obviously have never driven one!" and "Don't be an asshole and write an unbiased article!" chair.gif
Wow. I guess it is true what Abraham Lincoln said: "You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but some people are just dicks."
balljoint
dry.gif

Rand. Again.

biggrin.gif

welcome.png
Kirmizi
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Nov 25 2013, 03:07 PM) *

Derpy-Der...

agree.gif but I don't know what Derpy-Der means sad.gif
SirAndy
I think you'll fit in here just fine ... lol-2.gif

PS: welcome.png
Eric_Shea
Rand and Woody be my guess... biggrin.gif

welcome.png
Eric_Shea
but I don't know what Derpy-Der means

Well... Derpy-Der then.

w00t.gif
MDG
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Nov 25 2013, 06:41 PM) *

but I don't know what Derpy-Der means

Well... Derpy-Der then.

w00t.gif

T-shirts are already in the works?

Derpy-Der!!

welcome.png
Cupomeat
Yup, I found it very funny and clearly in good humor.

Anyone who gave you crap is humorless and should never post for fear of on-line abuse to their posts.
carr914
QUOTE(DailyTurismo @ Nov 25 2013, 04:53 PM) *

IPB Image
Public Service Announcement; After the deluge of hate mail, death threats and negative comments on our update on the 914 market, we want to make one thing clear; we love 914s. There is no way to not love cheap, good handling classics, and while the owners may have skin thinner than the rust prone 24-gauge sheet metal of their beloved 914, there is no need for additional threats.
Read the rest here:

welcome.png

I'm on DT every day & I enjoy the Humor!

Now you need to improve your Comment Section & everything will be perfect!
Kirmizi
welcome.png
JRust
QUOTE(DailyTurismo @ Nov 25 2013, 03:28 PM) *

Perhaps I am a bit guilty of theatrical embellishment when I say "death threats" but one commenter said
"I think the author is a pompous a-hole..... couldn't you have found someone who likes and appreciates these cars to write the article? "
My first thought was, whoa - its 10am on Saturday and I don't understand this email...am I drunk already? These sort of fuddled thoughts and lack of coordination usually happen in the afternoon...but then I got an email to the tips acct saying
"What a pointless article! If you don't like 914's that's ok but to rip it to shreads is bullshit!.You obviously have never driven one!" and "Don't be an asshole and write an unbiased article!" chair.gif
Wow. I guess it is true what Abraham Lincoln said: "You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but some people are just dicks."

Hell my car was one of yours in the description! I think you are pretty damn funny lol-2.gif . I can take a joke. You have to be able to here dry.gif . We have alot of people here who think they are funny rolleyes.gif av-943.gif
Dave_Darling
...And some of us just look it!

--DD
DailyTurismo
QUOTE(carr914 @ Nov 25 2013, 04:36 PM) *

QUOTE(DailyTurismo @ Nov 25 2013, 04:53 PM) *

IPB Image
Read the rest here:

welcome.png

I'm on DT every day & I enjoy the Humor!

Now you need to improve your Comment Section & everything will be perfect!

Everyone- thanks for the welcome to 914world and nice comments.

Carr914 -- As a writer and not a commenter I don't have the same issues with the comment section - but please let me know what needs to be improved. Is it difficult to comment or difficult to read the comments?

-- The Derpy Tursimo
carr914
Let Commenters do so with a Facebook Link - I hate commenting as Anonymous
Mr.242
All I read is JRust has a meth problem (explaining his multiple 914 purchases). Shouldn't we stage an intervention or something?

NORD

I've been telling you guys JRUST has a problem for years.

Mr Turismo welcome.png
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.