Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: need new fuel lines
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
double-a
i'll be replacing the rubber fuel lines on my engine soon, and i need to know what type to buy. the local flaps all carry three standard sizes (1/4" 3/8" and 5/8" or something like that), but no metric. i figure "while i'm in there" i might as well put all new lines in.

so what size is appropriate? i don't want to get something that's "almost" right. the engine is stock 1.8 fuel injected. thanks.

~a
double-a
what, no ideas from the gurus? i'm shocked. what size fuel lines are these... anyone?

~a
type47
try 5/16 inch fuel injection hose.....

5/16 because i can get it at the local auto parts store. fuel injection hose to withstand the higher pressures of a FI system....
d7n7master
I've been using "marine" quality f.i. hoses for years. They have a much higher "burn-thru" rating than anything you'll find at your local flaps. But - you'll need larger clamps... works great, lasts long time. IPB Image
boxstr
AA try the VW shop up by the Fred Meyers just off the I5 in Vancouver, or if you are coming this way stop in at Baxters on the east side of the I5 next to Elmers Pancake House in Portland.
CCLINFUELLINESRUS
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.